Fresh Produce Receiver-Shipper
North American Produce Buyers Ltd
Toronto , ON
December 14, 2023
North American Produce Buyers Ltd is a company that is committed to delivering top-quality produce and exceptional service to our customers. North American Produce Buyers is a trusted importer and wholesaler of international produce, serving Canadian food retailers for over 50 years.
We are looking for Receiver/Shipper of fresh produce to join our fast-paced team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves kind of person who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspecting Deliveries- Receive and inspect incoming shipments of fresh produce to ensure they meet the quality standards and comply with order specifications.
- Quality Control- Should be able to perform quality checks on fruits to identify any damages, defects, or deviations from quality standards.
- Documentation-Complete and maintain accurate records of shipments, including quantities, condition of goods and any discrepancies. Update logs/inventory
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Communication- Coordinate with suppliers, transportation companies and Quality control to resolve issues related to damage or incorrect shipments and create and maintain detailed and accurate reports of receiving logs and inspection results and communicate the same to the appropriate personnel.
- Storage- Ensure proper storage conditions for received produce, taking into account factors such as temperature and humidity requirements to maintain freshness and quality.
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances.
- Equipment- Licensed and operates a forklift and pallet jack, safely and efficiently to load, unload, transport, and store goods.
- Properly breaks down skids and sorts product according to quality and variety of fresh produce.
- Work closely with quality control specialists to conduct temperature checks of all inbound products.
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas.
- Order Processing- Process and prepare orders for shipments, ensure accuracy and completeness. Verify correct quantities and type of produce dispatched.
- Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices, and other shipping documents manually or by computer.
- Coordinate- Collaborate with logistics and transportation teams to schedule shipments and coordinate delivery routes. Ensure timely and efficient transportation to designated locations.
- Assemble containers and skids, record contents manually or by computer, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions.
- Documentation and Compliance- Prepare shipping documentation, including bills of lading and other documents. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Safety Procedures- Adhere to safety guidelines and protocols during the shipping process to prevent accidents, injuries, or damage to the produce.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration- Collaborate with other departments such as procurement, quality control to ensure smooth operations and meet over all business objectives.
- Stages produce in cold storage, warehouse and on the docs to ensure that only quality products are accessible for selection and delivery to customers.
- Maintain internal, manual, or computerized record-keeping systems
Other duties relevant to the position will be assigned as required.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full time
Language of Work: English (required) and Spanish (not required but preferred)
Wage: 40 hours a week at 20-21.25CAD per hour
Benefits Package Offered: 2 weeks paid vacation accrued at 4% of earnings, Health and Dental benefits (single), Employee Life Insurance, Employee AD&D Insurance and Long-term Disability
Address of Work: On site- North American Produce Buyers Ltd, 165 The Queensway, Toronto M8Y 1H8
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: