Director of Engineering
NFX Systems Inc.
Ottawa , ON
December 10, 2023
NFX Systems Inc. is a subsidiary of Bandweaver Group, a leading global provider of integrated distributed fiber optic sensing solutions and integrated technologies. We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to join our team in Ottawa, Ontario. The individual in this role will assume technological management responsibilities to ensure our technological strategy and activities align with overall corporate business goals.
- Managing the company’s engineering department, team and projects;
- Leading and overseeing projects including design, research and development (R&D) of new optical and electro-optical modules, performing optical modeling and analysis, building and testing prototype optical and electro-optical systems, integrating systems with electronics and software, and troubleshooting problems
- Developing and executing product verification and validation protocols and procedures;
- Responsible for staff management including recruiting and training engineers, and providing leadership to the team throughout the process from product design to production;
- Monitoring and reviewing engineering process to ensure it meets the industry standards and regulatory compliance, as well as the company’s quality control standards;
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with headquarters, cross-function teams, customers and other stakeholders to ensure cost-effective and timely delivery of projects; and
- Identifying and evaluating new technology trends, customer dynamics and competitive advantages, and making recommendations on technological solutions to the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, optics or a related field;
- Minimum five (5) years of engineering and senior technical managerial experience in the optical fiber sensing or similar industry;
- Advanced industry knowledge and experience of distributed fiber sensors, integrated optics modules, and R&D engineering process;
- Strategic thinking, technological analysis, and problem-solving aptitude;
- Exceptional project and people management skills; and
- Strong English reading, written and verbal skills.
280 Metcalfe St., Suite 306
Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 1R6
Tel: (613) 562-5863
Terms of Employment
- Permanent, Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- $117,000.00 to $119,000.00 per year, based on experience and skills