Veterinary Medical Oncologist
Maple City Veterinary Professional Corporation
Toronto , ON
Maple City Veterinary Professional Corporation is looking for a Veterinary Medical Oncologist to provide veterinary oncology services to its clients at its Central Toronto Veterinary Referral Clinic located at 1051 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario, a clinic which provides veterinary emergency and specialty services. This is a full-time permanent position, based on a 40-hour work week.
Maple City Veterinary Professional Corporation operates several veterinary hospitals across Ontario. The company’s business address is 1115 North Service Road West, Unit 2, Oakville, Ontario L6M 2V9.
TEER 1 NOC (2021): 31103 – Veterinarians
Wage: CAD $175,000 per annum
Location(s) of work: Central Toronto Veterinary Referral Clinic, 1051 Eglinton Avenue West, Toronto, ON M2C 2C9
Number of Positions: One (1)
Permanent full time (40hrs/week) position
Required Language Skills: English (spoken and written)
- Build rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with, their concerns.
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic and medical procedures on pets to diagnose and treat cancer while delivering the highest quality care and minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicate with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs and prescribe medications.
- Oversee development and administration of chemotherapy treatments.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain that all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Develop and maintain proper safety protocols as it relates to oncological services.
- Stay current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, specifically oncology.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service in relation to oncology processes.
- At least one (1) year of experience in veterinary oncology.
- Licensure in good standing to practice or be eligible to be licensed in the province in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or a four-to-five-year university degree in veterinary medicine.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: CAD $175,000 per annum
- Vacation: 20 days per annum
- Benefits: extended medical, paramedical services, vision care, and dental
- Other: production compensation per company policy, on-call consult fee, signing bonus, relocation allowance, assistance for immigration application if required