Scarborough , ON
Who we are
For over 40 years, Array Marketing has been a global leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry. Global brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, L’Oreal and Samsung to name a few, rely on our team of more than 2,000 employees around the world to create great retail experiences by bringing their visions to life.
We are committed to building on more than four decades of strength, deep industry knowledge and design innovation to accelerate our growth and serve our customers even better than before.
As we continue to expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data-driven, have a strong work ethic and care about best practices and customer outcomes to help us carry out our vision.
Join Array to make a mark on our business and grow your career.
Who we need
We are looking for a Development Designer to collaborate with our in-house and offshore teams and create “Design for Manufacturing” CAD models. You will take a concept or design intent and convert it into a cost-effective, manufacturable solution by identifying appropriate and cost-effective materials and processes. You will take ownership of generating the technical documents for prototyping production and ensure the product solution meets our high global safety regulations.
What you will do:
- Collaborate. You will consult with Chapter and BU team members to establish and evaluate assignment requests and deliverables at the initial briefing. You will work directly with the Project Team in huddles to establish innovative solutions that support our Design for Sustainability, Design for Value, Design for Manufacturing and Design for Retail principles. You will review development solutions with the client and collaborate on the next steps.
- Design innovative solutions. You will work with subject matter experts and Business Unit team members to evaluate the feasibility of concepts by considering practicality, aesthetics, budget, production cost/methods, and brand characteristics. You will transform design intent drawings into manufacturing solutions that exemplify the expectations of the customer. You will develop and detail 3D models of the product solution in SolidWorks and create technical drawings for use in prototyping and production. You will identify appropriate and cost-effective materials and processes and generate an accurate bill of materials to include all necessary components for projects.
- Quality assurance. You will evaluate and adjust development files to improve DFM during the prototype phase. You will work with vendors to understand process capabilities, perform stack-up analysis and create appropriate tolerance on detail drawings. You will perform strength tests and structural analysis in SolidWorks.
- Continuous improvement. You will stay abreast of industry, market and material trends through publications, trade shows, seminars, or conferences. You will follow all policies and procedures defined in the company quality system while supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
- The education and experience. You have a diploma or degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Technology or Design and experience in POP/Retail Design. You can design for sustainability, value, and manufacturing, adhering to common principles and best practices. You have a strong technical understanding of various manufacturing processes. You have exceptional attention to detail and are disciplined about following procedures.
- The technical skills. You have intermediate to advanced knowledge of CAD Software, SolidWorks, CNC Programming, as well as MS Office and Adobe Illustrator. Hand-sketches are an integral part of your thought & communication process. You can interpret design briefs, procedures, and instructions that are in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The solution-oriented approach. You have the ability to manage competing deadlines, set and adapt timelines, solve practical problems and deal with complex variables in situations under pressure.
- The interpersonal skills. You have professional communication skills, including the ability to articulate and defend your ideas and design choices, create instructions, and write reports and correspondence. You can build trusting relationships across all levels of stakeholders.
What you can expect from the interview process:
- A virtual interview with a Talent Advisor discussing your interest in the role, the team’s culture and how you will make an impact as our new Development Designer.
- A virtual interview with the Creative Design & Development, Director to delve into the complexities of the design process and exchange your insights and expertise in the field of development design.
- A final virtual interview with the Creative Design & Development, Director and another senior member of the team to learn more about the team dynamics and culture within Array.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Array Marketing and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Array Marketing is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation, please notify our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: