Senior Principal, Fundraising, Capital Management
Whitehorse Liquidity Partners Inc.
Toronto , ON
November 8, 2023
Business Address: 79 Wellington Street West, Suite 2100, P.O. Box 92, Toronto, Ontario, M5K 1G8
Terms: Full-time, permanent, 50 hours/week, subject to change
Whitehorse Liquidity Partners (“Whitehorse”), headquartered in Toronto, is a fast-growing private equity firm focused on accelerating liquidity on private equity portfolios through structured solutions. Whitehorse has approximately US$13.5B under management. Whitehorse is seeking diverse, energetic, and dynamic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment.
This role will be responsible, alongside the Whitehorse Leadership Team, with the execution of fundraising activities.
They will oversee and manage multiple projects at one time such as managing investor due diligence requests, conducting market research, and playing a key role in the overall fundraising processes. The individual will be responsible for establishing relationships with potential new investors and fostering relationships with existing investors. Will have a key role in facilitating relationships with investors across multiple channels, including institutional investors and investors in the private wealth / high net-worth channel.
The role will also require a significant level of travel as she/he will be covering Limited Partners based in North America.
Limited Partner Relationship Management
- Provide regular updates to investors on their Whitehorse investments
- Articulate Whitehorse’s narrative, products and platform, including differentiating characteristics of the firm
- Systematically map and target investors not presently invested with Whitehorse in North America - maintain a detailed engagement log and capture all activity and sales-related data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Collaborate with other Whitehorse professionals to strengthen relationships with Whitehorse investors
Fundraising and Capital Formation
- Build and cultivate relationships with North American investors and secure capital commitments in accordance with fundraising objectives
- Develop and help execute business plan to engage prospective investors
- Experience, aptitude and demonstrated disposition with investors, with demonstrable track record
- Advanced strategic perspective to envision, build and execute on a near-term and long-term fundraising capabilities and processes
- Coordinate the function with the confidence of all relevant stakeholders
Marketing and Narrative Management
- Understand the Whitehorse offering and know how to best position the solution
- Help create and deliver a message that resonates with investors and is consistent with how Whitehorse operates and its investment strategy
- Work with team to effectively represent and communicate investment strategy, investments, and firm activity to current investors
- Thoroughly understand and possesses the ability to articulate the business models, investment theses, key metrics, and current performance of underlying fund portfolio companies
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ alternatives investment fundraising, financial services and/or accounting experience
- Direct experience with private markets investment strategies
- Experience working with clients in the private wealth channels and all regions— wirehouses, independent broker dealers, registered investment advisors (“RIAs”), family offices, and private bank channels
- Quantitative proficiency in corporate finance (i.e. understanding investment committee memos, model outputs, returns analysis, complex strategy objectives and portfolio fit etc.)
- Experience working with investors and understanding their priorities, objectives, constraints, and decision-making processes
- English proficency
Wage: $ 300,000-400,000 per year
Beneifts: Disability insurance, extended medical insurance, dental insurance, wellness coverage, four weeks of paid vacation per year, eligibility for a discretionary bonus on a semi-annual basis, paid time off, team building opportunities, and vision care benefits.
- Client focus: Build strong client relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Build relationships: Effectively build relationships inside and outside the organization, relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Judgement and Flexibility: Develop solutions which take into account shifting demand for time, resources, priorities, and market environment. Calm under pressure and at ease working with different personalities
- Ownership and Initiative: Maintain high degree of self-accountability and willing to “roll up sleeves” to meet objectives; proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, high degree of workload throughput
- Presentation: Clearly and confidently communicate and present complex concepts, analysis, ideas, and information internally and externally
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Proven track record of best-in-class partnerships with sales, relationship management, support, administrative and leadership staff
- Communication: Advanced skills in articulating investment value propositions in both written and oral formats
- Manage ambiguity: Operate effectively even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Balance stakeholders: Anticipate and appreciate the varying needs of all parties invested in outcomes
- Cultural awareness: Constructively collaborate with colleagues regardless of geographic or cultural background
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
Whitehorse is committed to being a truly diverse Firm and fostering an inclusive and supportive culture. Employing a talented, diverse, and inclusive workforce is more than just an obligation; it is a critical component of Whitehorse’s growth aspirations and a competitive advantage of our firm.
In addition, Whitehorse is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible recruitment experience where all candidates are valued, respected, and supported.