Administration and Finance Controller
Nation West Inc.
Winnipeg , MB
Our client, Nation West Inc., is seeking an experienced Administration and Finance Controller to oversee the Finance and Administration department.
Reporting to the President, this individual is responsible for the financial management of Nation West Inc., including oversight of accounting, payroll and administrative responsibilities, as well as ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of transactions and reporting. The Administration and Finance Controller ensures sound internal controls are in place for revenue recognition and expenditure approval.
The Administration and Finance Controller’s responsibilities fall under two distinct areas:
1. Financial Management
- Responsible for Payroll.
- Ensures the company’s accounting records are maintained in accordance with applicable accounting standards and the requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Assists the president in the final aspects of corporate planning and company growth.
- Develops, reviews and revises thorough policies and procedures and control systems to ensure accurate accounting and record-keeping.
- Issues and maintains premium finance agreements
- Prints weekly accounts receivable and ensures collection of amounts owing
- Administers and reconciles company bank accounts and liaises with bank managers.
2. Administrative Management
- Ensures corporate and individual staff licenses are current and renewed as required in all jurisdictions.
- Ensures company annual corporate registration is current, liaising with the company’s corporate lawyer as required.
- Actively participates in designated peer advisory group(s) of the Canadian Broker Network and advises the President of best practice recommendations which would benefit Nation West.
For a full list of responsibilities, please visit https://bit.ly/TL-AAA for a more in depth look at the position and requirements.
Quote Job Reference: 233160