Senior Principal, Head of Private Wealth
Whitehorse Liquidity Partners Inc.
Toronto , ON
October 31, 2023
Business Address: 79 Wellington Street West, Suite 2100, P.O. Box 92, Toronto, Ontario, M5K 1G8
Terms:Full-time, permanent, 50 hours/week, subject to change
Whitehorse Liquidity Partners (“Whitehorse”), headquartered in Toronto, is a fast-growing private equity firm focused on accelerating liquidity on private equity portfolios through structured solutions. Whitehorse has approximately US$13.5B under management. Whitehorse is seeking diverse, energetic, and dynamic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance, entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Principal, Head of Private Wealth, will be responsible, alongside the Whitehorse Leadership Team, with leading strategy development and execution of fundraising activities.
The Senior Principal, Head of Private Wealth, will oversee and manage multiple projects at one time such as managing investor due diligence requests, conducting market research, and playing a key role in the overall fundraising processes. The individual will be responsible for establishing relationships with potential new investors and fostering relationships with existing investors in the global private wealth channel. The individual will focus on building a best-in-class team focused on fundraising through bank channels, Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs), family offices and other associated feeder channels focused on the global private wealth, ultra high net worth, and high net worth channels.
The role will also require a travel as she/he will be covering investors based in North America.
Limited Partner Relationship Management
- Articulate Whitehorse’s narrative, products and platform, including differentiating characteristics of the firm
- Systematically map and target investors and maintain a detailed engagement log and capture all activity and sales-related data in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Collaborate with other Whitehorse professionals to strengthen relationships with Whitehorse investors
Fundraising and Capital Formation
- Build and cultivate relationships with investors and secure capital commitments in accordance with fundraising objectives
- Meaningful relationships with investor in the private wealth channel
- Advanced strategic perspective to envision, build and execute on a near-term and long-term fundraising capabilities and processes
- Coordinate the function with the confidence of all relevant stakeholders
Marketing and Narrative Management
- Understand the Whitehorse offering and know how to best position the solution
- Help create and deliver a message that resonates with investors and is consistent with how Whitehorse operates and its investment strategy
- Work with team to effectively represent and communicate investment strategy, investments, and firm activity
- Thoroughly understand and possesses the ability to articulate the business models, investment theses, key metrics, and current performance of underlying fund portfolio companies
Eduction requirement: Undergraduate degree from a top academic institution in Finance, Business, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ financial services experience, with a recent and verifiable track record of structured product formation
- Direct experience with private markets investment strategies is highly desired.
- Track record of working with investors in the private wealth channel
- Quantitative proficiency in corporate finance (i.e. understanding investment committee memos, model outputs, returns analysis, complex strategy objectives and portfolio fit etc.)
Wage: $400,000-$500,000 per year
Benefits: Disability insurance, extended medical insurance, dental insurance, wellness coverage, four weeks of paid vacation per year, eligibility for a discretionary bonus on a semi-annual basis, paid time off, team building opportunities, and vision care benefits.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
Whitehorse is committed to being a truly diverse Firm and fostering an inclusive and supportive culture. Employing a talented, diverse, and inclusive workforce is more than just an obligation; it is a critical component of Whitehorse’s growth aspirations and a competitive advantage of our firm.
In addition, Whitehorse is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible recruitment experience where all candidates are valued, respected, and supported.