Technical Project Manager
Bridgemans Services Group
Squamish , BC
Primary Location: Onboard MV Isabelle, alongside in Squamish B.C (Woodfibre Rd, Squamish, BC V0N 1T0)
Employee Status: Rotational No. of Vacancy: 2
Company Operating Name: Bridgemans Crew Management Ltd. Business Address: 2512 Yukon St, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0H2.
Terms of Employment: Rotational schedule for 3-years Language of Work: English
Wages: $44.10 to $65.00 CAD hourly
Benefits Package offered: Vessel Protection and Indemnity Insurance Contact Information: 604-210-5232, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridgemans Services Group LP (BSG) provides flexible, full-service vessels for industrial workforce accommodation, logistics, and ferry service at any location throughout the world. BSG customizes services to the exact needs and locations of clients, ensuring that solutions meet precise specifications, including logistics, crew transfers, housekeeping, catering, and the fulfillment of all HSE requirements.
The Technical Project Manager's responsibility is to ensure that the operations are completed safely, on time, and in accordance with all company work-related documentation such as SOPs, job descriptions, and HSE regulations.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the car deck and other technical scopes of work
- Have thorough understanding of the project scope and the vessel (MV Isabell)
- Provide input and actively participate in continuous improvement plans
- Provide support in project plans considering the time frame, budget, staffing requirements, regulations, resource availability, and customer contractual requirements.
- Acts as liaison between crew, subcontractors, vendors, and internal company personnel.
- Manages the development of aspects of the project execution strategy including planning, vessel refit, and vendor and subcontractor support requirements.
- Ensures compliance with overall Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental standards for the project.
- Support technical disciplines (mechanical, electrical, software, systems, etc.).
- Assist with support and passenger vessels associated with the companies scope of work.
- Communicate job expectations and provide coaching and training
- Works in partnership with the project discipline leads to ensure technical solutions stay within budget and on schedule as per the contract.
- Responsible for identifying required project resources and for defining the responsibilities of the technical roles.
- Tailors project phases, defines work breakdown structure, and work packages for the technical team.
- Responsible for creating the project schedule by incorporating the project plan, contract specifications, labor estimates, and task dependencies.
- Manages and controls the project schedule by coordinating engineering activities, resolving problems, reviewing the design, adjusting to changes, and recommending actions.
- Responsible for risk management for the technical elements of the project.
- Monitors compliance with applicable codes, policies, performance standards, regulations and specifications, and project security requirements.
- Provides periodic project status to internal and external stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience working on a passenger vessel with thorough understanding of the Isabelle (or similar) vessel functions and systems
- 3 years as a team lead
- Combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience in Marine construction
- Ability to engage and collaborate with systems, mechanical, electrical, and software engineering disciplines, as well as production and supply chain.
- In-depth understanding of the project delivery life cycle
- Familiarity with:
- Engineering change processes
- Configuration management processes
- Production processes, inventory processes, and ERP systems
- Knowledge of tasking and scheduling software (MS Project)
- Understanding of safety regulations and procedures in a maritime or offshore environment.
- Mentorship and performance management ability
- Fosters an inclusive working environment.
- Leadership skills
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-technical) with internal, and external stakeholders
- Fluent communication in English.
- Ability to clear a drug and alcohol test prior to hiring and potential random tests throughout employment with prior notice.
- Constant standing and walking throughout the shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
At Bridgemans Services Group we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth and success. We are committed to workplace excellence, safe work environments and the communities where we work and live. We hire on the basis of merit and are committed to Employment equity and development.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: