People & Culture Coordinator
Mississauga , ON
Avnan is seeking a Supply Chain Specialist to join our team. Reporting to the Interim Supply Chain Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring on-time delivery, inventory optimization, and customer satisfaction in order to achieve customer and company objectives.
The Supply Chain Specialist will work directly with customers, and overseas and local manufacturers, to coordinate supply. Along with working on day-to-day supply chain planning activities, the Specialist will ensure that Avnan’s customers are provided with the information they require to be successful.
Additionally, you will participate and drive supply chain solutions that will provide value to Avnan’s customer’s business.
- Primary contact for the factories, own Supplier on time to delivery
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Closely coordinate and communicate with supply factories, logistics, and Supply Chain team in Canada
- Analyze data to identify problematic areas and suggest improvements
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
System & Data Accuracy
- Finish Goods P.O. – Update and maintain accuracy, verify supplier invoice and receipt entry
- Jobs – update and maintain accuracy, verify supplier invoice/ inventory consumption and receipt entry
- Work with 3PL to maintain finished goods inventory accuracy
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects that reduce cost, improve performance and/or delight customers
- Track KPIs and report on Supply Chain’s performance, and work towards continuous improvements of the KPIs
Vendor Relationship Management
- Develop strong relationships with key vendors/factories
- Work to resolve issues, utilizing internal departments as required
- Communicate clearly with vendors/factories to keep them updated on any changes that arise
- Develop a productive relationship with suppliers working toward a partnership
NOTE: This role will be required to work a split schedule that accommodates 3-4 hours during regular business hours in China (GMT+8), and 4-5 hours during regular business hours in Canada (GMT-4).
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience working in logistics and/or supply chain
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain, Material Management or Logistics
- CSCP, CPIM, CLTD, CSMA, CITT or P.Log complete or scheduled to complete within the next year
- Proficiency in Supply Chain concepts, APICS CPIM or equivalent certification is an asset
- Lean/Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in electronics manufacturing, EMS, ODM or OEM is an asset
- Able to work late afternoon to early evening to communicate with Asia suppliers.
- Able to write process and training documents
- Understanding of SCM and ERP systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Excel)
- Basic understanding of electronic components and familiar with manufacturing
- Strong communication skills (writer and spoken) in English and Mandarin is required
We are an award-winning global electronics engineering company that works in partnership with original equipment manufacturers to deliver best-in-class customized product design solutions, supply chain logistics management, and manufacturing.
Headquartered in Canada for over 25 years, Avnan leverages its global network of manufacturing partners along with its engineering expertise to provide a single point of accountability for electronic product solutions that is cost-effective, high quality, and simplifies operational logistics. Avnan operates in a wide variety of industries including consumer appliances, and commercial and residential building systems managing the process from design to assembly and final delivery.
At Avnan, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects. You’ll become a part of our close-knit team, with the opportunity to see how your work directly impacts our business and our customers’ business. We believe in promoting a progressive, forward-looking, growth mindset setting high standards for quality, and providing our teams with the support to achieve their performance goals.
Our flexible work arrangements allow you to enjoy a work-life balance that ensures you are at your most productive. With our focus on diversity, you are exposed to various types of culture and work styles providing you with the opportunity for personal growth and professional development.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.