Personal Support Worker
Supreme Pro Staffing
Toronto , ON
We are currently hiring Personal Support Workers (PSWs) in Toronto, Scarborough, and York Region including Markham, and Richmond Hill. Work weekdays and weekends (day, evening and night shifts available).
Supreme Pro Staffing provides diverse opportunities and strong career path development in a variety of professional streams, along with excellent salary and benefits such as:
- We are offering signing bonuses
- Full-time and part-time hours
- High pay rates
- Flexible scheduling
- Staff appreciation events
- Paid continuing education sessions and in-services
Reporting to the Administrative Supervisor, the PSW is expected to deliver high-quality of care and service that will support patients to live comfortably and safely in their home environment.
Personal Support Workers play a pivotal role in our healthcare system. At Supreme Pro Staffing, they work closely with our patients and their families, providing personal care and support with activities of daily living.
- Provide personal care, assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, skin care, transfer, light meal preparation, feeding, etc.), and documentation.
- Continually assesses, anticipates, identifies, and responds to new and changing needs of patients and communicates available total care resources to patients when appropriate.
- The services provided will be outlined in the written care plan prepared by the primary health care professional.
- Perform delegated and/or assigned tasks.
- Staff are required to travel within assigned region between patients’ residences or facilities.
- Treat patients with compassion and respect.
- Use judgment in carrying out instructions and recognize the need to seek supervisory assistance.
- Report/communicate observations or concerns to the appropriate individual(s), as necessary.
- Keep all patient information confidential.
- Work as a team with other health care professionals and service providers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to speak a second language is considered an asset
- Ability to travel between assignments either by transit or car
- Have one of the following qualifications (required): Valid Personal Support Worker Certificate from a Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities or the Ministry of Education approved program. RN/RPN Student who with a minimum successful completion of year one of the program. Internationally licensed Nurse, Midwife, or Physician
- Experience working as a Community PSW or in the Long-Term Care Facility is considered an asset
- As a condition of employment: Current CPR (BCLS) and First Aid Certificate, Updated immunization record
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check within the past 1 year of hire confirming absence of a criminal history/record
- Physical ability to meet the demands of the job (ex: ability to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely for extended periods, ability to lift 23 kg independently, ability to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting; able to reposition clients in bed)
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: