Senior React Native Software Developer
BIS Safety Software
Sherwood Park , AB
September 27, 2023
BIS Safety Software is a fast-paced, high-growth organization providing leading software for the safety industry. We are expanding our team and are seeking an experienced, full-time senior mobile application developer with strong proven abilities in the areas of programming and user interface.
This posting is for a full-time, in-person position based out of our Sherwood Park, Alberta office.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have extensive programming experience in React Native for developing, designing, and testing mobile applications
- Demonstrate strong user interface (UI) design skills
- Have extensive knowledge of developing and publishing both hybrid and native android and iOS apps.
- Possess the ability to identify and communicate technical problems and generate solutions
- Be an experienced leader who has worked on a variety of complex projects, with a portfolio of published applications to demonstrate their work
- Have a professional and positive attitude with a solution-based approach to challenges
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Writing, updating, implementing, and testing well-architected, clean, and readable code
- Collaborating with clients, the software development team, leadership and other stakeholders to gather and document user requirements and convert into technical specifications and acceptance criteria
- Communicating case status, providing timely notification of issues, and providing recommendations for resolution
- Managing workflow based on case priority levels set by management and support team
- Acting as a technical resource for clients to troubleshoot system issues and ensuring deliverables meet business and end-user requirements
- Contributing to quality assurance and user testing
- Providing ongoing leadership and guidance to development team during development phase to deal with issues and questions that arise regarding requirements and solutions
- Documenting code updates
- Updating the user interface to enhance customer experience
- 7+ years of Mobile Application Development
- Minimum of 6 years in developing React Native Applications
- 2+ years of team lead/management experience for a software team
- Extensive knowledge of mobile app development (the entire process from ideation to publishing and maintenance)
- Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering
- Should be familiar with Redux, Jest, Visual Studio Code, Xcode, Android Studio, Flipper, Git, Firebase and React Native Devtools
- Good knowledge of app build automation, CI/CD
- Portfolio of released applications
- Possess good English written and oral communication skills
$42 - $46 an hour
Salary ranges are based on experience, reflecting the unique skillset each individual brings to the role. In addition to this salary, we offer full medical (health, dental, and vision) coverage as well as life insurance and disability insurance.
Please connect with us if you are interested in applying. You can visit our careers page directly by visiting this link: https://jobs.lever.co/bis, or reach out to us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-416-1660.
Why join us?
At BIS, we pride ourselves in being very entrepreneurial in nature. Our office is an open environment that lends itself to collaboration and organic learning. We integrate new ideas and best practices quickly when they further the development of our software and company. This flexibility is a key part of our culture and a reflection of our insightful and collaborative team.
Another key part of our culture is our purposeful avoidance of titles. We don’t use titles as they don’t reflect the value we place in humility. In our eyes, all team members are valuable, everyone is willing to help accomplish goals, and everyone is driven to take their role one step further, so we don’t need titles!