Scarborough , ON
September 18, 2023
For over 40 years, we have been a global leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry. Global brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, L’Oreal and Samsung to name a few, rely on our team of more than 2,000 employees around the world, to create great retail experiences by bringing their visions to life.
We are committed to building on more than four decades of strength, deep industry knowledge and design innovation to accelerate our growth and serve our customers even better than before.
As we continue to expand around the world, we are looking for critical thinkers who are data driven, have a strong work ethic and care about best practices and customer outcomes to help us carry out our vision.
Join Array to make a mark on our business and grow your career.
Who we need
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Accounting, we are hiring for an Accountant. As our new Accountant you will ensure the data integrity of sales related transactions, processing of inter company transactions, sales-oriented reporting and month end close activities.
What’s in it for you
Influence and impact. This is a chance to optimize and implement best practices and make a tangible impact on a global company. You will be part of a cross-functional team focused on the day-to-day and bigger picture of the organization.
- Manage exemption certificates within Tax Applications. You will notify Sales and Customer Service of certificates due to expire and implement updates.
- Manage inbox for credit memo requests. You will review submissions and assess the nature of corrections and approvals required. You will prepare and post credit memos to clear monthly balances to the clearing accounts.
- Validate. You will review AR balances with each entity to reconcile balances and post intercompany invoices. You will review the aging and payment status of pre-invoices, confirm no misapplication of balances, and reconcile with the control account.
- Reconcile sales orders and credit memos. You will review open sales order reports to support expected sales and reconcile with the contribution margin analysis, credit memos and re-bill invoices to ensure no timing differences in the period. You will review and reconcile tax payable control accounts linked to sales transactions.
- Apply rebate accruals. You will prepare an analysis to support rebate calculations. You will work with business units to confirm and record appropriate accruals. You will process credit memos as required to apply accrual to accounts receivable.
- Process billing and hold requests. You will monitor dashboards for Bill and Hold requests, verify the agreement is complete and accurate, and ensure that related inventory and follow-up orders are processed. You will follow up on all open Bill and Hold orders to ensure goods are shipped as scheduled or appropriate warehousing charges are applied.
- Complete month-end reporting and analysis. You will review and analyze pending invoices and generate accrued invoice entries. You will generate AP Reconciliation Report in IOS and Sage and ensure all postings have passed edit checks. You will review Sage Invoices and Payment Batch lists to confirm all batches are posted. You will review AR Aging to assess allowance for bad debt entry.
- The knowledge. You are a professionally certified CMA, CGA, CPA, or CA with general accounting experience specializing in sales accounting for a mid-sized organization. Your experience includes preparing and posting journals, reconciliations, tax remittances and rebates. You have an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- The ownership. You are results-driven, with sound judgment. You are detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills. You hold yourself accountable as a contributing member in a team environment.
- The technical skills. You have experience using ERP tools to support master table definitions, transaction processing, reporting, and general inquiries. You are proficient with MS Office; in particular, you have advanced MS Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- The interpersonal skills. You have professional and flexible communication skills. You can build trust, collaborative relationships and confidently work with team members, other colleagues and leaders. You embrace continuous change and exhibit adaptability to work within realistic deadlines.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Array Marketing and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Array Marketing is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation, please notify our HR team at email@example.com.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: