Human Resources & Office Coordinator
North End Community Renewal Corporation
Winnipeg , MB
Our client, the North End Community Renewal Corp. (NECRC), is seeking a Human Resources & Office Coordinator to join their team!
The North End Community Renewal Corporation provides a range of services to the community to meets its mandate of… “promoting the social, economic and cultural renewal of the north end of Winnipeg.”
This is done by improving the quality and accessibility of housing, creating jobs, upgrading commercial and industrial areas, implementing employment development programs, improving the overall image of the community, and reducing crime in the community.
The HR & Office Coordinator will liaise with staff and management with respect to HR matters. Provide support to staff. In addition, the HR & Office Coordinator will coordinate health and safety meetings, event and meeting planning and will track funder report deadlines to ensure all targets are met.
- HR Support for 30+ employees.
- Managing employee benefits.
- Recruitment, retention and assessing training needs.
- Mitigate risks and liabilities.
- Nurturing a positive working environment.
- Supporting the leadership team to ensure grant reports are tracked and submitted on time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have experience in human resources.
- Experience providing HR support in crisis management in a social services setting is an asset.
- Have a strong understanding of Indigenous culture, generational trauma, residential schools, TRC and calls to action.
- Have knowledge of labor laws and employment standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with professionals and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the North End community.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor under stress.
- Ability to work in hectic environment.
- Maintain confidentially.
- Maintain standards of conduct.
- Be respectful and cooperative.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Be consistent and fair.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Independent, organized, with strong initiative.
- Have understanding of grants in not-for-profit organizations.
Quote Job Reference: 233126