Toronto , ON
July 31, 2023
Our client, with a multi-province presence and a global appeal, is looking for a Talent Advisor with private and public sector experience to lead high-volume recruitment. They are a well-funded, matrixed, and scaling organization with an impressive and inspiring mission.
You will work in partnership with multiple teams to promote their employee value proposition and foster a recruitment process that prioritizes the candidate experience. You will contribute to workforce planning, succession planning and process optimization, introducing best practices and staying informed with current trends. You will champion a culture where all team members can be their best selves, grow and thrive, and champion student success.
If you are a Talent Advisor looking to make an impact executing and contributing to a layered and complex end-to-end recruitment framework, this is it.
This is an opportunity to gain exposure and influence as you collaborate with HRBPs, hiring managers who are experts in their field, and executive leaders to build a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization through targeted talent acquisition. You will gain access to ongoing training and certification, mentorship and career growth opportunities. You will be part of a team and an organization with a passion for implementing the innovations and ideas of their people at a place that appreciates, recognizes, and celebrates individual and team contributions.
What the new Talent Advisor will do:
- Nurture collaborative relationships. You will gain the trust of internal hiring managers and decision-makers, growing your understanding of the overall culture and the differentiators within departments. You will leverage your insights and information to gather and develop job descriptions that accurately reflect the position requirements and qualifications. You will create a positive candidate experience, fostering positive relationships with candidates and openly communicating with them at every stage to maintain engagement and interest.
- Build talent pools and drive key candidate communications to attract the best talent. You will elicit key hiring criteria by facilitating and capturing needs through detailed intake sessions. You will research hidden talent pools, create or curate recruitment marketing content, and source candidates by leveraging social media tools and attending career fairs. You will use the latest technology to identify, recruit, and track quality talent for each role.
- Drive recruitment strategies. You will write interview guides incorporating detailed knowledge of practical and technical skills and experience. You will conduct phone interviews, maintain communication, conduct initial competency-based interviews and assessments, and complete reference checks. You will advise hiring managers on best practices for unbiased interviewing. You will coordinate and schedule interviews with candidates and hiring teams, ensuring a seamless and efficient interview process. You will collaborate with the HR team and hiring managers to negotiate job offers, ensuring competitive and fair compensation packages.
- A love of recruitment. You have end-to-end recruiting experience in a mid-sized to large organization, working both independently and as part of a team. You adhere to and promote the latest guidelines in DEI hiring practices and actively work to promote an unbiased talent and work culture. You are meticulous, but you understand the importance of speed and efficiency in high-volume recruitment and producing results.
- The business acumen. You can navigate a complex and matrixed environment, rapidly coming up to speed on processes and tools. You are proficient with MS Office and an ATS. You are accountable and driven, and you thrive in a fast-moving environment. You have a passion for processes with outstanding organizational and prioritization skills.
- The interpersonal skills. You have professional communication skills and can adapt your style to suit any audience. You have an outstanding ability to build and foster client and candidate relationships. You have negotiation and conflict management skills and can influence decisions. You are committed to treating people well, appreciating hard work, inspiring loyalty, and motivating those around you.
Our client recognizes that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Experience, diversity of thought, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume here.
TalentMinded welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Should you require accommodation, in any aspect of the selection process, please contact us at the e-mail address below and we will be happy to assist.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: