Senior Accounting Technician
Mississauga , ON
Woodworth Cabinetry is a distributor offering high quality solid wood ready-to-assemble (RTA) kitchen and bath cabinetry to dealers across North America. We offer styles from more formal and traditional to sleek and contemporary, all-in timeless finishes.
We are looking for an experienced accounting technician to join our company and work in our office in Mississauga, Ontario. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of accounting principles and be able to work independently.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Location: 854 Westport Crescent, Mississauga ON L5T 1N5
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-time (35-40hr/week)
Benefit: paid vacation days and employee discount
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain financial records by accurately recording daily transactions, including sales, purchases, receipts, and payments, using QuickBooks;
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends;
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable, including generating invoices using Microsoft;
- Access, tracking payments, and following up on outstanding balances;
- Verify, allocate, and post financial data to appropriate accounts in a timely manner.
- Generate financial reports, such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements;
- Process journal entries in a timely manner and reconcile to the general ledger;
- Calculate and file quarterly GST/HST tax returns;
- Process biweekly payroll and monthly payroll remittance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing monthly reports, reconciling various accounts, and processing payments.
- College diploma or higher in finance, accounting or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 2-year experiences in the similar role
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Hands-on experience on calculating, posting, managing accounting figures and financial records
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluent in English