Utility Technician II (Packaging Machine Operator)
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
Ajax , ON
This is a cross-function role to allow for flexibility within the operation covering lunches and breaks on a daily basis, cover illness/absences and support seasonal/volume demands.
Essential Responsibilities / Specific Duties:
- Perform assigned laboring jobs such as packaging, sweeping and salvage reclaim (product rework).
- Pack product into cartons, cases and/or load on to pallets as required.
- Assist the machine operator with troubleshooting and problem solving of the line equipment as required
- Follow instruction provided by the machine operator, supervisor and/or lead
- Assist the Operator with the sanitation duties, quality checks, and safety checks of the line equipment.
- Ensure equipment is adequately supplied with the correct amount of material needed for each shop order.
- Keep work area clean and tidy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Packaging Machine Operator:
- Performing procedures to start and maintain the operation of the line and complete safety checklist
- Ability to produce the highest quality product efficiently while following proper shutdown procedures
- Change the dates and material according to the shop order requirements
- Operator the IPC interface and/or on line labelers
- Start up, programming, cleaning and proper shutdown of all printers
- Remove jams as required
- Provide safety check on guarding and stopping mechanisms, communicate and document on check sheets
- Ensure machine is supplied with all appropriate materials needed in accordance to shop orders and replenish when required
- Cross check shop order and materials to prevent errors
- Check and maintain good weight control, change weights and document weight checks
- Complete size change overs as required
- Maintain quality of packaged product in conjunction with acceptable utilization (quantity, quality) in accordance to Q.A. standards
- Perform cleaning procedures and general maintenance, monitor and alert appropriate personnel for required maintenance
- Must successful complete work instructions for associated work centers and applicable standard operating procedures
- Responsible to report food safety problems and/or quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate actions.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Key Competencies:
- Minimum High School Diploma / OSSD
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- High-speed machine operating experience and/or forklift driving experience is required
- Valid forklift certification is preferred
- Ability to perform necessary tasks by reaching, lifting, and standing when required
- Has appropriate SOP sign offs, training logs, certifications and licenses required before performing any duties, or using tools required to complete tasks and minor adjustments to equipment
- Ability to communicate with all departments regarding activities
- Shows initiative, takes directions and executes plans efficiently
- Leads by example, with a can do and positive attitude. Work well independently and as a team member
- Demonstrates accuracy and detail oriented
- Understands right first time quality
- Must possess technical aptitude. Technical background an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours (overtime and periodic weekends required)
- Performs all duties through safe work habits and excellent work ethics
NOTE: When required to flex out of the Primary Role the employee will receive the rate of the job being performed.
Quote Job Reference: 2914261