Airdrie , AB
505 Main St S #309, Airdrie, AB T4B 3K3
NOC (2021): 31103 – Veterinarians
Wage: CAD $105,000 per annum
Location(s) of work: NVA Management City Centre Animal Hospital, 505 Main St S #309, Airdrie, AB T4B 3K3
Number of Positions: One (1)
Required Language Skills: English (spoken and written)
- Build rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures on pets that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicate with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain that all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat disease.
- Stay current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- At least one year of experience as a veterinarian.
- Licensure in good standing to practice or be eligible to be licensed in the province in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or a four-to-five-year university degree in veterinary medicine.
- Wage: CAD $105,000 per annum
- Benefits: extended medical and dental
- Other: assistance for Permanent Residency application if required