TRYumph Gymnastics Academy
Ottawa , ON
TRYumph Gymnastics Academy, located in Ottawa, Ontario, is committed to providing or clients and the community with a top-quality gymnastics programs. We strive to earn our clients’ trust as a group of professional coaches.
1. Education / Certification
- Must be minimum NCCP Level 2 WAG Technical or International equivalent (Physical and Sport College/ University). NCCP Level 3 WAG or International equivalent is an asset (FIG camp trainings, Sports Diploma)
- Must have:
- Completed the online course Respect-In-Sport.
- And maintain standard First Aid and CPR
2. Coaching Duties must be performed demonstrating a caring nature for participants and reflecting a respect for Sport.
2.1 Ensure a Safe Gym Environment
- Teach skills in an approved manner.Use progressive steps to build complex skills.
- Determine athlete readiness for level of activity.
- Display coaching competency in making effective use of your theoretical and technical knowledge.
- Use training time to full advantage. i.e. effective use of equipment; effective coaching applications such as group work, stations, rotations, and circuits; effective communication to reduce listening and increase activity.
- Use effect class/training management strategies to keep program and participants under your control.
- Consider your gymnasts psychological and emotional needs. Use positive reinforcement to encourage good attitude and behavior.
- Communicate effectively with your WAG Manager and other staff.
- Be disciplined in your approach to warm up, complex, conditioning skills and routine training.
- Prepare athletes mentally, physically and emotionally for competitions
- Provide varied helpful drills for athletes coached.
- Coach athletes at competition in a professional, supportive manner at all times.
- Be professional at all times with athletes, parents and other coaches.
- Communicate with parents in an open, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Communicate with management in an open, honest and professional manner at all times.
- Be disciplined, diligent and responsible in the gym providing a consistent, exciting and exceptional program for the athletes that produces results.
2.3 Administrative duties
- Design training programs for the athletes coached so that they are trained with technical expertise and care. Plan every practice. Have plans for each gymnast that you coach. Planning is part of your job responsibilities
- Assist the Women’s Program Manager as needed in her role.
- Assist the WAG Manager in setting personal goals with the athletes.
- Must attend clinics and WAG coaching meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$26.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gloucester, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Address: In person
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: