Toronto , ON
Our client, a leader in the healthcare industry, is seeking a Corporate Controller to join their finance team. Reporting to the CFO, you will manage the financial operations, including preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for all stakeholders including the Board of Directors.
In this position you will be responsible for overseeing the successful execution of all corporate finance and accounting operations, including reporting, budgets, forecasting, payroll, stakeholder relationships, records maintenance, and developing a comprehensive set of controls to ensure accuracy, data integrity and projections. The Corporate Controller will also partner closely with the CEO to implement and streamline department procedures, monitor P&L, and operational performance.
The Corporate Controller will collaborate with external department leaders, including but not limited to, purchasing, human resources, and management in order to monitor and control costs, provide guidance and advice, and implement efficiencies.
Please note that this is a Hybrid position.
What you will do:
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting best practices, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with all corporate tax requirements provincially and federally
- Lead the team managing performance, setting career goals and driving internal operating efficiencies
- Support regular audits including customer, government and year-end financial requirements
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and the rapid and consistent collection of receivables
- Oversee the accurate and proper processing of payroll for approximately 700 employees
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions as well as support new systems or implementations as needed
- Issue timely financial statements and prepare and present financial reports to key stakeholders
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variance from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- CPA designation
- 7+ years progressive experience in a management accounting role
- Experience at a consulting or accounting firm is a definite asset
- Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in Finance departments
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to best accounting practices
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Experience leading audits and performing financial analysis
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Driven to progress in your career; a life long learner who seeks out continuous learning opportunities
What we offer:
We are proud to provide our employees with the following competitive benefits and rewards package. We offer:
- Eligibility to a comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP/DPSP match program
- Maternity/parental leave top-up
- Employee Assistance Program and Employee Perks through Lifeworks
- Tenure recognition through our Motion Milestone Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Eligibility to the company’s bonus plan
- Corporate Goodlife membership discount
Our client is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: