Toronto , ON
April 1, 2023
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The W Toronto, located at 90 Bloor St E, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A7 is currently hiring a Rooms Controller.
- Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible.
- Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
- Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room/check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff.
- Confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Review out-of-order rooms daily.
- Ensure rates match market codes and document exceptions.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Set up/process all guest check-ins/check-outs.
- Activate room keys.
- Secure valid payment.
- Identify any over-commitments.
- Perform duplicate reservation checks; block rooms.
- Run daily reports.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments.
- Serve as a departmental role model.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Enter and locate information using computers and/or POS systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Quote Job Reference: 23040319