F/T Tour Guide Supervisor
Maple Fun Tours Ltd.
Vancouver , BC
Maple Fun Tours Ltd., Japanese inbound tour operator is looking for a tour guide supervisor.
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Ensure smooth operation of systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Perform the same duties as tour guides
- Transport or escort individual tourist or tourist groups from Japan
- Ensure reservation for transportation and accommodations for individual tourists or tour groups from Japan
- Describe points of interest, answer questions and supply information
- Provide historical and cultural facts related to the site
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of tour guides
Skills and Experiences:
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Several years of work experience as a tour guide
- Japanese business manner, etiquette knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- On-the-job training is provided.
- English and Japanese (must be able to communicate with tourists from Japan)
Compensation and benefit:
- $22.00/hr, 40 hrs/week
- Extended medical insurance and dental insurance
- 10 days of paid vacation
- Work Location: #610 - 997 Seymour St, Vancouver, BC, V6B 3M1
- The position is for the Vancouver operation with attending tours for various destinations / tourist attractions in Whistler, Victoria, Kelowna and Kamloops.