Long Haul Truck Driver
Trination Transport Inc
Mount Uniacke , NS
Trination Transport Inc is seeking 3 experienced Long Haul Truck Drivers to join their team at their Dartmouth location. The job is full-time and permanent with hourly wages of $20.00 for 48 hrs/week plus overtime. A $400 wait time/month will be provided as well. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and should take pride in being on time and self-sufficient with deliveries.
The truck driver will be responsible for the safely and timely delivery of products to our customers. Examples of specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Load and unload trailer, ensuring freight is stacked properly
- Responsible for picking and delivering Long Haul trailers.
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on the truck prior to commuting Maintain responsibility for delivering freight to its designation in a time-efficient manner Maintain cleaned truck equipment.
- Ensure that all documentation pertaining to delivery is maintained
- Complete driver and gas logs regularly and accurately
- May need to load and unload goods occasionally.
- Record freight information along with distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Ensure freight is secured to ensure it will not get damaged on route
- Ensure that any damaged products are reported and documented properly
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience
- Professional Long-Haul Drivers with Class 1 license is required Experience with dry freight hauling and deliveries
- Must be able to operate within Maritimes
Must be agile with ability to sit and drive for extended hours Must be able to communicate in English language.