Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
Mississauga , ON
August 19, 2022
Every day or night at Mother Parkers offers new and different problems to dig into, analyze and resolve. Working across different types of production and electrical equipment and programming on automated lines comes together to form a rewarding work environment. As the Lead, Dual License Maintenance Millwright and Industrial Electrician, you will work on setup, optimization, and repairs assisting the team and ensuring equipment operators can function with increased line efficiency.
Who we are
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee is a leading customer solutions provider, manufacturing and supplying quality coffee and tea to some of North America's largest retailers and foodservice chains. Our fast-growing EcoCup® brand of single-serve pods makes it easy for consumers to recycle through 3 easy steps of separation. Combining state-of-the-art technology and new product innovation with more than 100 years of business success, Mother Parkers continues to grow, operating facilities in Canada and the U.S.. We take pride in delivering a better beverage experience for customers and consumers, and a better employment experience for our people. We are committed to doing what's right for the planet, people, and the communities in which we operate. From farm to cup, we're engaged locally and at the industry level in ensuring a sustainable future for our customers and consumers.
At Mother Parkers, we will give you every opportunity to voice your ideas, own what you do, and share your passion for people, our products and our customers. We live by our mission to provide a better beverage experience for our customers; and as a fourth-generation family-run company, we know that it starts with great teams and innovative thinkers. We empower our people to turn their ideas into solutions, execute with integrity, deliver with quality, and take pride in their work. In turn, we foster a culture built on our values that supports everyone to be their best.
Who we need
We are looking for a Lead Dual License Maintenance Millwright and Industrial Electrician. You will work independently and as part of our team dedicated to the cost-effective, continuous operations of our 24/7 beverage processing and packaging environment. You will be responsible for programming lines and priority repairs, including fabricating, welding, installation, and electrical components. In addition, you will mentor and support newer team members assisting where needed to ensure quality, accuracy, and efficiency. This is a full-time, hourly opportunity working 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, with some flexibility required.
What's in it for you
Professional Development at a company that cares. This is an opportunity to move up to a Lead role, play a role in maintenance strategy development, as you work with a cross-functional team, comprised of Mother Parkers' employees, consultants, and vendors, to help commission a new business unit. As we continue to grow and add more automation and technology to the floor, you will have an environment to apply your increased skills. This is a chance to be part of a company that prioritizes the health and safety of their teams, from the highest level of plant operations, preventative maintenance, and quality standards. It’s an opportunity to work with cutting-edge programming, technology, and operations at a Canadian-owned company.
What you will do:
- Lead. You will gain exposure to our computerized and mechanical equipment requiring mechanical or fabricating repairs and maintenance such as lubrication, changing belts, and checking gear boxes. Once up to speed, you will share knowledge and offer training on our highly specialized equipment.
- Solve problems. You will troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain packaging, processing, and material handling equipment for optimized performance in a high-speed PLC controlled equipment. You will repair, upgrade and install electronic controls and equipment. You will navigate the needs of 15+ operators on the line and prioritize breakdowns based on your knowledge of our processes and the equipment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement. You will play a critical role in our efforts to maintain a high-performing, safe environment as you carry out the requirements of our Preventative Maintenance programs. You will install, program, modify, and troubleshoot new PLC automation lines. You will train other mechanics as needed on new processes.
What you bring to the role:
- The experience. You are a licensed Millwright and Industrial Electrician with 5 years of experience in a computerized manufacturing environment. You have expertise in the repair, overhaul, and troubleshooting of processing, packaging and material handling equipment ideally, you have worked in a food manufacturing environment. You have familiarity with one or more of the following equipment: Golio, Triangles, TransWrap, Nelson, Jones, Pod machines, Can Lines, Grinders and Roasters.
- The skills. You are detail-oriented and driven to analyze and solve problems. You are comfortable using and learning new computer systems. You have an understanding of electrical systems and programs and experience troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Ideally, you have experience with welding and machining. You have demonstrated a history of safe work habits, and you are able to bend frequently and lift heavy equipment as required.
- The interpersonal skills. You can provide and apply verbal and written direction and communicate effectively. You can work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize your work and that of the team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment. You enjoy coaching and mentoring others, guiding their work, and jumping in to offer support when needed.
- The flexibility. You understand the demands of a 24/7 environment and can commit to the required schedule. In addition, you are available to work different shifts on occasion.
What we offer you:
- We want you to feel appreciated. We provide a competitive Total Rewards package, including health benefits from Day 1, employer matched retirement savings plans, and optional Health or Wellness Spending Account.
- We value continuous learning, skills development, and career growth and we offer a Tuition Assistance Program for learning outside our environment.
- We want you to take your work home. While you don't have to drink coffee to work here, we have an employee discount on our tea and coffee products.
If you want to join our mission of creating a better beverage experience as an integral and valued member of our team, and you have 70% or more of the qualifications we are looking for, we invite you to express your interest here. While we can't guarantee an interview, we do promise to review your resume and see if this might be a good fit for both of us.
Mother Parkers is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.