Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Brantford , ON
August 13, 2022
It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has a vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food, customer experience, and quality.
Right now, they are hiring a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to work in their Brantford-based freezer facility. It’s a chance to be part of the initial setup, receiving and picking products and ramping up the excitement for a new launch. You will coordinate sales order shipments and purchase order receipts within the ERP system, working closely with the warehouse manager and shipping team to coordinate incoming / outgoing freight, including scheduling trucks and following up on status of deliveries.
If you want to be part of an innovative food tech company where you can grow your career in distribution, supply chain, warehouse logistics and operations, and beyond, this is the role to consider.
What’s in it for you
Operational, culinary, and functional training. You will participate in a one-month paid orientation session covering everything from company culture and brand to the details of multiple positions onsite and two weeks of food-focused training with the corporate head chef.
Stability and flexibility. You will be the newest team member at a financially stable, flourishing brand with a robust US presence, embarking on a new launch in Canada. You will work 40 hours a week during the day in Brantford. That’s evenings and weekends off to spend with family and friends, run those essential errands, or go to school.
Career growth. Starting with the company early on, you will rapidly become a cross-trained subject matter expert. You will expand your skills, work across the functions, and assist with training new hires. You will be optimally positioned to move up when Team Leads are needed, and over into other areas of supply chain and logistics as operations grow.
What you will do:
- Align vendor delivery schedules to eliminate costly wait times and delays. You will create, update and maintain weekly shipping and receiving dock schedules with the Warehouse Manager. You will track and report on the status of shipments and recommend trucking options to lower costs.
- Process documents. You will create packing lists for outgoing shipments and coordinate customs paperwork. You will submit claims for damaged goods and cross-reference invoices for accuracy.
- Liaise. You will reach out to trucking companies to collect estimates and ensure capability for delivering frozen products on time.
- Inventory. You will assist with daily, weekly, and monthly inventory counts, providing administrative support to the process, including entering data into the ERP system. You will follow up on damaged goods, trace origin, and determine preventative measures.
- Contribute to our quality standards. You will ensure consistent and quality work by following organizational procedures and methods. You will have the chance to recommend improvements to our standards of practice. You will maintain a safe, clean work environment by keeping racks, work areas and freezers clean.
- Collaborate. You will move across functions, receiving training and helping where needed.
What you bring:
- Experience. You have 2+ years of experience in shipping, receiving or inventory in a distribution centre or warehousing environment. You have an understanding of logistics, scheduling, customs documentation, trucking routes, and trucking weight limits. You are detail oriented with exceptional planning and organizational skills. You are comfortable working in a continuously cold space. You are comfortable using basic software.
- Stamina. You understand the physical demand of lifting and carrying up to 50lbs at a time repeatedly, working upright, and moving from one area to another throughout your shift.
- Determination. You are committed to delivering superior results and adopting a sense of urgency to make things happen. You are results-focused, punctual, and show initiative and accountability.
- Growth mindset. You are open to new ideas and processes and motivated to take on new challenges. You can learn new things quickly and share your knowledge with your team.
- Humble. You work collaboratively and respectfully as part of a team (even in a freezer). You have flexible and effective communication skills. You listen and act with thoughtfulness. You respect the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of your team and you prioritize the team over yourself.
- Flexibility. You are available for day shifts from Monday to Friday and are open to slight changes in shifts and responsibilities.
- Passion. You have a love of food.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
You will have access to an array of benefits including:
- Paid vacation time
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Access to ongoing industry training
- RRSP matching scheme
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can’t promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.