Bookkeeper - Hybrid Role
SKETCH Working Arts
Toronto , ON
July 24, 2022
Duration of position:
Regular ( 40 hours per week)
July 12, 2022
Posting expires on:
July 24, 2022
SKETCH Working Arts is a community-arts enterprise based in Toronto engaging young QTBIPOC artists and arts leaders, on the margins, ages 16-29, coming from across Canada. SKETCH creates equitable opportunities for diverse young people to experience the transformative power of the arts; to develop their leadership and self-sufficiency in the arts; and to cultivate social and environmental change through the arts. To cultivate social and environmental change through the arts.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for maintaining a central bookkeeping service and other data entry duties for SKETCH. The Bookkeeper will report to the Financial Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide full-cycle bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable, and pre-audit prep;
- Maintains files; maintains a secure back-up copy of the QuickBooks file;
- Prepare correspondence as necessary, and other administrative support duties as required;
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, allocations;
- Processes deposits;
- Provide backup support for payroll;
- Prepares P+L’s and conducts monthly reconciliation meetings with SKETCH programs, operations, and all Shared-Platform initiatives;
- Assists in the preparation of quarterly reports;
- Comply with the organization’s internal control framework outlined in the financial policy manual.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of financial procedures and protocols;
- Oversees e-transfers and occasional cheque distributions;
- Assists with mail procedures and donation reconciliation;
- Strong communication and administration skills including:
- Consistent and timely email communication
- Strong accountability and time management skills including clear communication of absences and punctuality;
- Prepares correspondence, and other administrative support duties as required.
- Follows policies, procedures, and Health & Safety standards and works in a safe manner;
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to be able to navigate multiple activities and challenges (barriers/obstacles);
- Participate in SKETCH staff meetings and events as required and develop healthy, supportive and respectful relationships with SKETCH youth, collaboratives and community.
Post-secondary education in business, accounting or finance, or equivalent experience. Minimum of two years’ experience in bookkeeping and database administration.
- Extensive accounting and bookkeeping experience preferably working in the non-profit/charitable system;
- Knowledge of full-cycle bookkeeping in QuickBooks;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Proficient with cloud services;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Deluxe payroll services is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of suppliers;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;