Customer Care Manager
Woodbridge , ON
August 7, 2022
It starts with the planet and the people that tend and raise the food we eat. It ends on your table, delicious, healthy, cost-effective, and high quality. Our client, a food-tech company, founded on a mission to nourish people at a lower cost, a better value, and a greater selection, has a vision to bring the best to your kitchens. As they scale, they are looking for new team members who share their passion for food, customer experience, and quality.
Reporting to the Director of eCommerce, our client is looking for a Customer Care Manager with grit, a customer obsession, and a commercial mindset; someone who will help drive their strategy and vision, managing a world-class customer support team. You will lead all facets of customer care operations and launch a differentiated experience that exceeds customer expectations. In addition, you will nurture internal business partnerships across all levels and areas of the company as a critical eCommerce & Digital team member.
If you want to be part of an innovative food tech company where you can grow your career in management, eCommerce, distribution, supply chain, operations, and beyond, this is the role to consider.
What's in it for you
Operational, culinary, and functional training. You will participate in eight weeks of paid orientation sessions covering everything from company culture and brand to people management processes and food-focused training with the corporate head chef.
Stability and flexibility. You will be the newest people leader at a financially stable, flourishing brand with a robust US presence, embarking on a new launch in Canada. You want to apply your insights, experience and leadership in a highly visible role at an established company in start-up mode in Canada. You want the opportunity to build a voice of the customer program and leverage existing processes to develop a customer care strategy, SOPs, and training to lead a team of customer care specialists effectively.
Career growth. Starting with the company early on, you will rapidly become a cross-trained eCommerce Customer expert. You will be part of an environment that blends technology and operational processes working with other customer care leads in other operating markets. You will have an opportunity to introduce ideas and strategies to improve efficiency and productivity. You will be optimally positioned to move up and over into other supply chain and logistics areas as operations grow.
What you will do:
- Lead and inspire the team. You will manage the customer care team, drive positive employee engagement, and foster a team culture focused on customer-centricity. You will oversee the day-to-day operations of a frontline support team, including scheduling, training, 1:1's, knowledge management, etc. You will set and measure individual goals and team KPIs.
- Champion. You will act as a customer champion and brand ambassador and set an example for employees. You will be the customer advocate across the organization, helping to drive their needs, and collaborating with all stakeholders. You will align strategy and objectives with senior leadership around operating processes, team performance and overall company vision for growth.
- Continuous improvement. You will develop, implement, improve and maintain scalable systems and processes that ensure customer satisfaction, with the end-to-end eCommerce experience.
- Training. You will onboard, train, and provide continuous support to new and existing team members. You will develop programs for Care representatives to engage with customers and prospects across all social media channels and support platforms. You will conduct performance reviews and build out professional development to fill gaps and provide pathways for growth.
What you bring:
- People leadership experience. You are a coach and a manager with broad and deep experience leading and inspiring a customer support team. You have experience implementing and driving Customer Care, Voice of the Customer, Self-Service, and Incident management tools for customer support. You have previous success interviewing, hiring, conducting performance management, developing, and terminating employees to build and maintain an all-star team,
- Accountability. You are quantitatively minded with demonstrated operational or financial modelling, and problem-solving skills, and you can use data to inform key decision making and monitor individual and team performance.
- Determination. You are committed to delivering superior results and adopting a sense of urgency to make things happen. You are results-focused, punctual, and show initiative and accountability.
- Growth mindset. You are an analytical problem solver, open to new ideas and processes and motivated to take on new challenges, bring value through continuous improvement, and go above and beyond for the customer. You can provide constructive feedback and share your knowledge with your team, setting them up for success.
- Humble. You work collaboratively and lead respectfully as part of a team; building reciprocal relationships across a highly matrixed organization. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You listen and act with thoughtfulness. You respect the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of your team and you prioritize the team over yourself.
- Flexibility. You are available to work 40 hours a week across different shifts, including weekends, evenings, and early mornings. You are willing and able to travel to the US for initial training and periodically for further professional development if needed.
- Passion. You have a love of food. You are excited to be part of a team making an impact on Canadians - and having fun doing it.
This is a company that respects and cares for their people, the plates in front of customers, and the planet. With strong values prioritizing quality above others, they are transforming the grocery experience.
If you share a commitment to better food at better prices and want to be part of building a brand and success in Canada, let us know. And, while we can't promise everyone an interview, if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications and 100% of the passion, express your interest.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: