Dual License Millwright & Industrial Electrician
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
Ajax , ON
July 14, 2022
Who we are
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee is a leading customer solutions provider, manufacturing and supplying quality coffee and tea to some of North America's largest retailers and foodservice chains. Our fast-growing EcoCup® brand of single-serve pods makes it easy for consumers to recycle through 3 easy steps of separation. Combining state-of-the-art technology and new product innovation with more than 100 years of business success, Mother Parkers continues to grow. We take pride in delivering a better beverage experience for customers and consumers, and a better employment experience for our people! We operate multiple manufacturing facilities in both Canada and the U.S.
We are committed to doing what's right for the planet, people, and the communities in which we operate. From farm to cup, we're engaged locally and at the industry level in ensuring a sustainable future for our customers and consumers.
At Mother Parkers, we will give you every opportunity to voice your ideas, own what you do, and share your passion for people, our products and our customers. We live by our mission to provide a better beverage experience for our customers; and as a fourth-generation family-run company, we know that it starts with great teams and innovative thinkers. We empower our people to turn their ideas into solutions, execute with integrity, deliver with quality, and take pride in their work. In turn, we foster a culture built on our values that supports everyone to be their best.
Who we need
Our Ajax plant is adding Single or Dual License Maintenance Millwright and Industrial Electricians, including an opportunity for experienced Apprentices. You will work independently and as part of our team dedicated to the cost-effective, continuous operations of our 24/7 beverage processing and packaging environment. You will be responsible for priority repairs including fabricating welding, installation projects, and ongoing maintenance of equipment and electrical component repairs.
Shift Type: Rotating every two weeks on mornings (7 am - 3:30 pm), afternoons (3 pm - 11:30 pm) and nights (11 pm - 7:30 am)
What's in it for you
Professional Development. As an Apprentice, you will gain the direct experience needed to complete your licensing requirements. As an experienced Millwright and Industrial Electrician, you will have the chance to move up to a team lead or maintenance supervisor. In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in training from programming PLC equipment to continuous improvement to soft skills such as people leadership. You will have the chance to pursue technical education such as robotics. As we continue to grow and add more automation and technology to the floor, you will have an environment to apply your increased skills.
Rewarding work. Every day or night here offers new and different problems to dig into, analyze and resolve. Working across different types of production and electrical equipment, and optimizing programming on automated lines comes together to form a rewarding work environment.
A company that cares. This is a chance to be part of a company that prioritizes the health and safety of their teams, from the highest level of plant operations, preventative maintenance, and quality standards. It’s an opportunity to work with cutting-edge programming, technology, and operations at a Canadian-owned company.
What you will do:
- Solve problems. You will troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain packaging, processing, and material handling equipment for optimized performance in a high-speed PLC controlled equipment. You will repair, upgrade and install electronic controls and equipment. You will navigate the needs of 15+ operators on the line and prioritize breakdowns based on your knowledge of our processes and the equipment.
- Learn. You will be part of a mature, experienced team willing to share knowledge and offer training on our highly specialized equipment. You will gain exposure to our bigger compounding equipment requiring mechanical or fabricating repairs and maintenance such as lubrication, changing belts, and checking gear boxes.
- Contribute to continuous improvement. You will play a critical role in our efforts to maintain a high-performing, safe environment as you carry out the requirements of our Preventative Maintenance programs. You will work on facility repairs and assist equipment operators in improving line efficiency.
- Participate in projects. You will learn how to install, program, modify, and troubleshoot new PLC automation lines. You will train other mechanics as needed.
What you bring to the role:
- The certification. You have a minimum grade 12 or equivalent education. You have a Millwright license and you may have an Electrical license as well. Or, you are an Apprentice with some experience.
- The experience. You have 5 years of experience in the repair, overhaul, and troubleshooting of processing, packaging and material handling equipment in a manufacturing environment. Ideally, you have worked in a food manufacturing environment. You have familiarity with one or more of the following equipment: Golio, Triangles, TransWrap, Nelson, Jones, Pod machines, Can Lines, Grinders and Roasters.
- The skills. You are detail-oriented and driven to analyze and solve problems. You are comfortable using and learning new computer systems. You have an understanding of electrical systems and programs and experience troubleshooting electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Ideally, you have experience with welding and machining. You have demonstrated a history of safe work habits, and you are able to bend frequently and lift heavy equipment as required.
- The interpersonal skills. You can take verbal and written direction and communicate effectively. You can work independently with minimal supervision and prioritize your work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- The flexibility. You understand the demands of a night shift and can commit to the required schedule. In addition, you are available to work rotating shifts.
What we offer you:
- We want you to feel appreciated. We provide a competitive Total Rewards package, including health benefits from Day 1, employer matched retirement savings plans, and optional Health or Wellness Spending Account.
- We value continuous learning, skills development, and career growth and we offer a Tuition Assistance Program for learning outside our environment.
- We want you to take your work home. While you don't have to drink coffee to work here, we have an employee discount on our tea and coffee products.
If you want to join our mission of creating a better beverage experience as an integral and valued member of our team, and you have 70% or more of the qualifications we are looking for, we invite you to express your interest here. While we can't guarantee an interview, we do promise to review your resume and see if this might be a good fit for both of us.
Mother Parkers is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.