Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology
Sudbury , ON
June 17, 2022
Cambrian College’s Payroll and Reporting requires a full-time Payroll Specialist beginning June 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accuracy of multiple College payrolls to ensure employees are paid in full and on time, while exercising an in depth understanding of multiple collective agreements, statutory obligations and payroll deductions to ensure employees are paid correctly and that all remittances are accurate.
- Collect, verify, upload and input all payroll information into the HRIS system, verifying information to ensure employment statuses, assignments and all adjustments are correctly recorded.
- Analyze timesheet variances with assignment records and follows up on issues to ensure accurate time is entered as approved.
- Responsible for researching, interpreting, and implementing all new rules, regulations, and bulletins regarding payroll processes by monitoring the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA), Service Ontario and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) websites and publications.
- Balance all transmitted data from co-worker’s payroll to ensure that manual calculations and inputting are accurate. Ensure that appropriate year-to-date information is entered, and evaluate Record of Employment, pension and T4 implications.
- Pay and balance all remittance accounts on a bi-weekly and monthly basis exercising an excellent understanding of the deduction requirements and deadlines as set out by the Canada Revenue Agency as well as the ability to analyze data from three distinct systems: the payroll register, the Accounts Payable system, and the General Ledger system.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma or degree. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application)
- Three years of:
- Payroll experience including T4s, Records of Employment, pension, legislative requirements, and collective agreements.
- Experience having worked within an environment where strong excel, accounting and mathematical skills were required.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication skills, good judgment, the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Commitment to working within a team environment.
- Experience working within the college system.
- Canadian Payroll Agency payroll courses.
- Highline/NeoGov software experience.
To be considered, candidates must provide the following as an attachment:
- Educational documents
- WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University