Shipping and Receiving Attendant
Toronto , ON
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The W Toronto, located at 90 Bloor St E, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A7 is currently hiring a Shipping and Receiving Attendant.
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries and account for incoming freight based on invoice and receiving reports.
- Stage merchandise by department, mark appropriately for placement in facility, and deliver merchandise to appropriate department.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy.
- Receive, store, ship, and deliver incoming and outgoing department packages and mail.
- Secure the receiving room and its contents, ensuring safekeeping of packages.
- Follow all national, state, and local hazardous material shipping guidelines and regulations.
- Ship all out-going mail and packages.
- Verify quantity and condition of packages upon receipt prior to delivery to guest.
- Communicate with guest regarding received packages.
- Maintain accurate tracking system on all shipping and receiving transactions, including receiving guest signatures for received packages.
- Communicate with proper management regarding any loss or damage with packages.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Address guests'' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current Public Health Agency of Canada standards or approved for a Human Rights accommodation.
Quote Job Reference: 22092224