Advisor, People and Culture
Edmonton , AB
June 23, 2022
At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 400 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for an Advisor, People & Culture (P&C) to join our growing People & Culture team. This role will be based out of Edmonton, AB. The Advisor, People & Culture will report into the Team Lead, People & Culture.
This role will be “boots on the ground” in our Alberta market supporting our teams. This role will require someone who is willing to jump in and hit the ground running. It will require a unique set of skills as you will be providing day to day HR support physically in Alberta.
This role plays an integral part in increasing the level of employee engagement and employee capabilities at Microserve. Working in partnership with business units, this role provides strategic human resources advice and counsel to Leaders to assist in the achievement of Microserve’s objectives and strategic goals.
The Advisor, People & Culture will also be involved in managing all aspects in the employee life cycle and performance management. This includes validating new hire paperwork, onboarding, employee life cycle changes, documentation, investigations, performance management and disciplinary action, counsel and advice to leaders on employee relations issues, leave of absence administration, etc.; Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for HR.
Key Areas of Accountability:
People & Culture Operations:
- First point of contact for employees seeking HR advice
- Provide support to employees in various HR related topics
- Responsible for maintaining various HR KPI’s
- Responsible for generating various employee related reports via the HRIS system (ADP)
- Understand organizational issues and provide advisory support to managers
- Assist managers when it comes to employee performance concerns such as absenteeism, conduct and performance issues
- Maintaining accurate and confidential employee records and files of HR transactions including performance reviews, discipline, policy acknowledgements
- Provide advice to managers and employees on a variety of HR subjects to ensure compliance to internal policies/procedures, and any legislative requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for new hire and onboarding documentation
- Create all new hire/contractor documentation and packages
- Communicates onboarding process with both internal and external new hires to ensure staffing goals are met
- Responsible for delivering new hire orientation and on-boarding activities.
- Represent the HR department on the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee
- Create and maintain confidential employee and contractor files; electronic and paper form
- Responsible for conducting workplace investigations
- Responsible for ensuring all employee paperwork is filed accordingly
- Responsible for creating employee letters and documentation to support changes in the employee life cycle
- Support all Health & Safety protocols as required
- Process and manage employee leave of absences
- Provide support as needed to the People & Culture, Team Lead
- Administrative and additional tasks as required
- Ability to:
- Lead without authority
- Communicate effectively
- Deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Multitask and prioritize
- Meet tight deadlines
- Strong influencing skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on HR Generalist experience of providing consultation and advice to leaders
- Education in Human Resources or related discipline
- Working knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Experience working in the IT industry would be considered an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with HRIS system(s)
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: