Low Level Embedded Developer
High Tech Genesis
Ottawa , ON
Where: Remote-Eastern Canada (Ottawa ON preferred)
High Tech Genesis looking for a senior developer who can develop a range of products including device drivers, patches, operating system modifications, EDI routines, graphics modules etc. This person must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter and can work independently or within a team setting and must have exceptional organizational skills to present ideas and coordinate trouble shooting.
- Implement cross-platform base and middleware software and services.
- Work closely with multi-core embedded CPUs, packet processors, FPGAs/ASICs, L2/L3 and optics
- Implementation and extend services to support specific product requirements
- Participating in all stages of software development - requirements analysis, design and prototyping, implementation, testing, and maintenance support
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, as well as performance issues. Work with hardware, software, verification, and system engineering teams to identify root causes for issues
- Identifying software performance improvements through test driven development, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing
- Engage with Product Owners and System Architects
Required skills and experience:
- 10+ years of experience in embedded Linux
- Experience working with Linux Kernel, device drivers, memory management, design and architecture of embedded Linux Systems
- C/C++ programming experience
- Experience working with Docker containers
- General L2/L3 and Broadcom Ethernet switching experience
- Ability to build and install a custom GNU Toolchain
- Ability to integrate software onto custom hardware
- Working knowledge of Virtualization Technology, desktop simulation
- Expertise in highly concurrent systems
- Shell Programming in bash, Perl and Python
- Familiarity with PCI/PCIe enumeration
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform fault isolation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Salary is commensurate with experience.