Bilingual Human Resources Business Partner
Toronto , ON
June 19, 2022
Who we are
At Canadian Premier, everything we do is driven by our genuine desire to build connections with our customers – listening, reflecting, responding – and being there for them during the most trying times of their lives. To be the best at what we do, we look for compassionate, creative people who work efficiently, aren't afraid to make decisions, and are driven to understand how their role fits into our vision; to be the innovative insurer trusted by families to provide financial protection through partners who care.
For more than 60 years, Canadian Premier has been committed to providing financial security to Canadians and their families in the face of uncertainties, insuring over two million customers coast-to-coast. Every day at Canadian Premier means a day spent helping Canadians and their families build secure tomorrows.
Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, with an office in Burnaby, British Columbia, we are a wholly owned and independently operated subsidiary of Securian Financial, a Fortune 500 company*.
Who we need
Reporting to, and working in partnership with, the VP, Human Resources, we have a newly created opportunity for a Bilingual Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP). A true HR thought leader and program developer, you will apply your expertise consulting with business leaders to analyze and understand the needs of their teams, and to roll out solutions in response to those needs. You will provide tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies that align with and support our business objectives. As part of a growing team, you will be a key point of contact for approximately 250-300 employees and management providing guidance and expertise on all HR matters.
What's in it for you
Impact and ownership. You want to bring your knowledge to take ownership of HR programs and employee relations at a growing national company. You are passionate about every aspect of Human Resources. You want to make your mark on how we manage our people operations, employee engagement, talent acquisition, and learning and development. This is a genuine opportunity to shine, bring your expertise and have your voice heard, contributing to program development, policy writing, and our people strategy. This is a high visibility role, working in true partnership with our VP, HR with the autonomy and influence to execute the work behind your ideas.
What you will focus on
Strategic consulting. You will support assigned client groups. You will:
- Provide day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of HR topics, policy interpretation and application
- Develop and support HR programs and practices related to the full employment lifecycle for all CPL employees within Canada
- Evaluate HR issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for developing solutions.
Employee relations. You will provide coaching and guidance to leaders. You will:
- Foster genuine partnership with leaders and develop their people management skills.
- Monitor and advise managers on the implementation of performance improvement processes.
- Coordinate and support employee leave of absences.
- Manage the company-initiated termination process.
Talent acquisition and programs. You will collaborate with people managers to grow, support, and develop talent. You will:
- Partner with hiring managers to gather requirements, understand position description and support the recruitment process from requisition to interview and assessment to offer and onboarding.
- Support the Performance Management Program annual cycle, including objective setting, mid-year, rating calibration, and year-end processes.
- Support the annual merit and bonus program cycles.
- Conduct talent assessment and succession planning.
- Provide input, recommendations, and implementation of a learning and development strategy and competency model.
- Develop and support employee engagement strategies and initiatives in collaboration with business leaders to drive retention.
- Manage off-boarding process, including exit interviews, and attrition analysis and reporting.
What you bring
- The experience. You have a university degree and have completed a recognized Human Resources Management Program, obtaining your CHRP. You have 5+ years of progressive experience in generalist and consultative business partner roles.
- The knowledge. You have a comprehensive understanding of Human Resources functions, employee relations, applicable Canadian labour laws, Provincial Employment standards, including OHSA.
- The interpersonal skills. You have outstanding professional written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ideally, you are fluent in English and French. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine solutions. You can build trusting relationships within and across teams and confidently work with any level of stakeholder. You have a genuine interest in understanding others, hearing their perspectives, and addressing their concerns.
- The accountability. You take ownership of your work and its impact on our success. You have the creativity and analytical approach to bring new ideas forward and productively challenge the status quo. You thrive in an evolving environment and step up to different challenges every day. As a result, you can seamlessly adapt to changes in priorities, the business, the talent landscape, and the industry.
- The technical skills. You are highly proficient in MS Office and have exposure to an HRIS such as Ceridian Dayforce or Workday.
- The flexibility. You are willing to travel, less than 10% of the time, to our offices across Canada.
When you're a Canadian Premier employee, you're part of a hard-working, high-performing, bright-thinking, make-things-happen family. One that sees your potential on day one, challenging you to grow your unique strengths as you create a career filled with opportunity, collaboration and meaning. For our newest team members to our most tenured, we're committed to being an employer that supports the person you want to be, at work and outside of it. We're growing – and we want you to grow with us.
At Canadian Premier, we know there's nothing more important than treating each other with respect, compassion, understanding, and dignity. Even though our family has grown over the years, we still maintain the entrepreneurial spirit that got us started. Watch this video to learn more about our core values and our Canadian Premier family.
Be part of a fast-paced company that offers you exciting opportunities to advance your career while you contribute to helping Canadians build secure tomorrows.
Many of the individuals who lead our team have an impressive tenure with us, and every single one of them will tell you, it's about the people—the people we serve and the people we work with. We're a small organization with flexibility, openness, and responsiveness; with the security and resources to continue to do our work in a way that makes the most impact on our customers.
Be a part of a place guided by people-focused not profit-driven values: Communicate openly, be accountable, be curious, celebrate together as one family.
This is a place that stands behind work-life balance, an accessible leadership team, transparent communication, and an atmosphere that can only be described as family-focused. We continue to promote an engaged work-life balance throughout the pandemic with initiatives that include virtual town halls, casual online coffees, mental health workshops and employee appreciation packages. The very nature of what we do – listening to our customers – is the foundation of how we collaborate, learn from one another, embrace diverse perspectives, and hold each other up.