Large Format Finishing & Fabrication Specialist
The Printing House
Calgary , AB
June 16, 2022
We are seeking a full-time Large Format Finishing & Fabrication Specialist to join our team.
The objective of this role is to understand the scope of the project and accurately fabricate, assemble, and finish all the components to complete a project while allowing sufficient time for the order to be delivered. They are responsible to prioritize daily production and organize materials needed for the next job; in doing so, they use materials & time responsibly to minimize delays. They are part of a production team that has the satisfaction of seeing their good work materialize into great projects and products for our Customers.
How you will make an impact
- Following the work order details, plan and execute the best option for finishing/fabricating printed products on a variety of large format substrates
- Estimating time requirements for project completion including customer needs, machine capabilities and resources
- To set up, operate and troubleshoot equipment correctly and in accordance with safety standards while maintaining production standards and efficiencies
- Working safely to trim, custom cut, laminate, mount, transform digital print products into high quality products that exceed our customer's expectations
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment to keep it performing at optimal levels
- Inspect finished work for quality control and accuracy
- Problem solving in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Collaborate with the team to innovate new products and finishes
- A desire to learn and back up other team members
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years' experience in large format finishing such as signage, posters, window graphics etc.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and materials used in large format finishing, mounting and installation
- Ability to follow processes and procedures safely and accurately
- Experience with Zund Digital Cutters, Arizona Flatbeds, Plotters, Printers and Laminators
- Safely lifting and loading and moving materials and substrates that range up to 50 lbs consistently
- Computer literate with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat Pro, MS Office
- Knowledge of the digital printing process is an asset
- Experience with pre-press software is an asset
Since 1961 we have served Canadians as part of the community. TPH is delighted to join the list of respected organizations that have been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers of 2021. As a result of our environmental initiatives, The Printing House was rated North America's most forest-friendly printer in Canopy's 2019 Blueline Ranking, the only comprehensive assessment of the environmental performance of North America's printers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
TPH is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you believe TPH is a good fit for you, feel free to submit your application, we would love to hear from you.