IT Infrastructure Support Analyst
Toronto , ON
It's a new day, and it's time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible.
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. We support individuals with kindness and expertise by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your career in a nurturing, learning-focused, and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who you are
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure and Applications, we are looking for an IT Infrastructure Support Analyst to join our Shared Services team. You will assist with implementing and maintaining the IT infrastructure and provide support services to ensure the continued and reliable operation of systems. You will support IT infrastructure, including desktops, laptops (Windows and macOS), mobile devices, LAN connectivity, Telephony, network printers, and identified applications. In addition, you will provide ERP training support applications and maintain the partner evaluation matrix.
What's in for you
Impact and exposure. You want to contribute to the stabilization of IT infrastructure at a company with a purpose. You will have the chance to build relationships with business partners and vendors, to own and drive projects, and to influence technical decisions. This is a chance to channel your technical knowledge in a supportive environment.
What you will do
- Support systems. You will diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues and escalate situations requiring urgent attention. You will act as an escalation point for advanced or challenging help requests, work with vendors when needed, and provide Level I support when request volumes are high. You will:
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Research solutions through the internal and external knowledge base as needed.
- Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved and perform post-resolution follow-ups with Level I Technicians.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Adhere to all corporate best practices and ensure compliance with IT standards via the infrastructure checklist.
- Track and alert management to emerging incidents trends, evaluate documented resolutions, and analyze trends to prevent recurring issues.
- IT onboarding. You will support the IT onboarding process of new employees. You will assist in managing the company's assets (computers, cell phones, network equipment, etc.), keeping track of the appropriate systems and supporting replacements when needed.
- Enhance information sharing. You will develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end-users and contribute to technician knowledge base and training as needed. You will provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Train and maintain. You will be responsible for IT procedures, maintaining the partner evaluation matrix, and supporting applications as needed.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field. You have 2+ years of experience supporting IT Infrastructure in an ITIL-driven environment, using various diagnostic tools.
- The technical skills. You are highly analytical and enjoy diving in to solve complex problems. You approach issues methodically, and you excel at documenting processes and solutions. You have:
- In-depth, hands-on experience troubleshooting and supporting computer hardware and peripherals, including mobile devices and desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10 / Mac OS / Server 2012, 2019 / Windows Active Directory, Google G-Suite Workplace.
- Networking background skills (TCP IP, DNS, VLANs, etc).
- The interpersonal skills. You are customer-service-oriented, patient, and empathetic, with the ability to build rapport and trust. You can explain technical concepts and instructions to a non-technical audience. You have flexible and effective communication skills and can ask intelligent, probing questions.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we've undergone a recent transformation, and we think that's exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we're turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving, and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum and an opportunity to make an impact in people's lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. We’ve implemented several measures to reduce the risk of exposure to Covid-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all employees with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the ongoing situation and updating policies as needed.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: