Digital Hot Sauce Inc.
Vancouver , BC
June 30, 2022
DHS is looking for an experienced, detail oriented, passionate General Accountant.
- Overseeing the finance and accounting for multiple entities within the corporate group
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statement packages
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- General ledger and subledger reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Maintain capital asset schedules
- Cash flow forecasting
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Bank deposits and ensuring timely credit card payments
- Process and maintain staff payroll (twice a month) and benefits including journal entries and monthly remittances, ROE.
- Maintain GST / PST, annual filing of T4, T4A by the deadline.
- Ensure the integrity of compliance by preparing financial filings and other regulatory compliance documentation and remittances with CRA, WCB and Ministry of Finance (EHT), renewing business licenses.
- Prepare periodic budget variance reports and other ad hoc analyses, financial models or reports as requested
- Complete year end documents and liaise with accountant
- Responsible for drafting annual budgets, getting them signed off by leadership, then holding leadership accountable by providing monthly variance reports & summaries on where budgets are being overspent.
- Development of and compliance with key financial policies and procedures
- Ensure financial accountability and internal controls are in place to meet the requirements of Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Corporations.
- Assisting in developing short and long-term goals for the company.
- Constraints and strategies in order to hit goals.
- Ensuring goals and objectives are SMART
- Analysis of cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business decisions and identify potential for improvements.
- Working with the leadership team in streamlining operational processes and procedures.
- Participating in strategy discussions and initiatives.
- Maintain positive and strategic relationships with government, bank, suppliers (local & international) and other stakeholders
- Hybrid work (2 days in the office)
- Fluent in English
- CPA or in process of obtaining CPA
- Experience with product & service based companies
Benefits & Compensation
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- remote vacation opportunities
- RRSP matching
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits