Quality Assurance Laboratory Assistant
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee
Ajax , ON
May 3, 2023
To provide support to the quality assurance, product development and commodities departments pertaining to the preparation of tea and allied product taste samples.
Essential Responsibilities / Specific Duties:
- Preparation of all tea and allied samples (raw material, blends & finished goods) in accordance with the taste schedule for sensory analysis by comparison against a standard.
- Preparation of all associated documentation
- Data entry and printing computer generated reports (iRely, AX, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Conduct moisture, density, flow ability and other testing as required on incoming raw materials, blends, and finished goods
- Assist with various sample collection responsibilities (raw materials, finished goods, others as required)
- Organize and manage all retention samples (collection, disposal, etc.)
- Wash dry and put away the cups after each session
- Ensure brewing equipment is clean and in working order
- Renew blend standards as required Record keeping and filing of quality documentation
- Maintain work area in clean and orderly fashion.
- Lab sanitation duties include but not limited to cleaning countertops, taste tables, brew equipment and all surfaces. Ensure floors are free of debris
- The individual must be able to lift and carry up to 30lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Provide backup to the QA Technicians as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Key Competencies
- Post-Secondary Education in a Food Safety / Science related course or Equivalent.
- Experience working in a fast-paced lab environment an asset
- Demonstrate safe work habits, good work ethic, able to handle multiple tasks, etc.
- Accuracy and detail oriented
- Work well independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical Ability
- Knowledge of iRely, AX, Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to adapt and grow within the department.
Quote Job Reference: 2347801