Conestoga Meat Packers Ltd.
Breslau , ON
September 30, 2022
Corporation office and work address: 313 Menno Street, Breslau, Ontario N0B 1M0
Start Date: As soon as possible
Type of Position: Permanent, Full Time
Positions Available: 2
Hours per Week: 40
Salary: $111,500.00 per year
Employment Conditions: On call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend
- Financial benefits: Annual Incentive Plan target will be 10% of base salary. It can vary and be amended at the company?s discretion
- Relocation costs supported by the employer
- Accommodation for up to 3 months provided by the employer
- 20 days? vacation per year plus a floater day
- Six paid six days, up to 5 paid bereavement days
- Health benefits: Health care plan and Health care spending account; Life insurance and AD&D coverage; Dental plan; Paramedical services coverage; Vision care benefits; Short and long term disability benefits; Critical Illness coverage
- Long term benefits: Company Pension Plan
- Other benefits: Global medical assistance (Travel insurance); Free parking available; Parking available; Team building opportunities; Employee assistance program; Team building and functional training paid by employer; Tuition reimbursement program.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management, the Produce Manager is responsible for Conestoga Meats? (CM) fresh and frozen commodity portfolios.
The successful candidate will leverage proven analytics and market intelligence to drive optimum financial and operational goals.
The position is also responsible for building strong internal and external relationships to help drive sustainable business results.
Responsibilities will also include optimizing assortment to improve marketplace growth while enhancing the customer experience.
- Bachelor?s degree
- A University degree in Business Administration, Finance or Mathematics is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working as a Product Manager or relevant role required
- 2-3 years of experience in managing production timing and pricing in the meat industry is preferred
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Initiative; Organized; Effective interpersonal skills; Excellent written communication; Team player; Accurate; Excellent oral communication
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
Area of Specialization
- Management, Sales
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Electronic mail; Project management software, Spreadsheet; Inventory control software
Specialization/Experience (Business sales and services)
- Manufacture, Meat Packing facility
General Skills and Duties
Plan, direct, and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and retail and other establishments; Establish organizational policies and procedures in relation to sales; Determine strategic planning related to new product lines
Detailed Skills and Duties
- Responsible for working with and developing cross-functional teams to drive efficiency, opportunity, and profitability across their particular categories
- Negotiate and sell weekly to select commodity accounts to ensure first-hand market understanding and optimize category sales
- Provide internal expertise and direction on pork market pricing (i.e., USDA, Canadian market, exchange rate, Urner Barry), international market/political implications
- Oversee and provide direction regarding the preparation and balancing of daily production requirements and inventory allocation
- Identify strategies and tactics to drive incremental sales by analyzing assortment, evaluating financial data, and developing insights from customer behaviour.
- Develop recommendations for short- and long-term optimization opportunities for their specific category responsibilities
- Weekly review and accountability for targeted KPIs, i.e. sales results, mix, profit margins, etc.
- Responsible for developing and executing disposition plan for fresh/frozen inventories at optimal levels
- Lead category optimization team within broader Sales Department
- Work directly with the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management, to create market costing strategies
- Implement and measure effectiveness of pricing strategies developed in conjunction with the Senior Manager, Commodity Sales and Product Management
- Provide overall direction and implement product strategies cross-functionally
- Accountable to ensure accurate product specifications for associated category
- Demonstrates and promotes the Conestoga WAY (Company values)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Available for on-call in evenings as well as Saturdays as required
- Accountability and Initiative
- Service Excellence
- Communicating with Clarity
- Optimal daily production plans for assigned category
- Weekly review and accountability for targeted KPIs
- Developing and executing short- and long-term pricing strategies
- Ensure accurate costing, product specifications, and communication
- Financial return optimized
Our mission is to provide premium pork products to those who desire responsibly raised, healthy, quality pork through our commitment to local farmers, families, and communities worldwide. We are vertically integrated, which allows us to ensure a level of quality and consistency like no other. This means we take ownership in every part of the process, from feeding our hogs from our fields to raising our hogs with care, maintaining excellent health, and transporting them safely from their Ontario farm. Only farmers that consistently meet or exceed Conestoga Meats? stringent standards are approved to produce hogs for Conestoga Meats.