Imaging Specialist - Epson SurePress Custom Labels
The Printing House
Toronto , ON
April 19, 2023
Our local Production Centre in Etobicoke is looking to add an Imaging Specialist - Custom Labels to the team.
Do you still remember the first time you got to use a label printer? You got hooked labelling everything in your home. Well now you can take that power to a whole new level.
TPH is seeking a full-time, Custom Label Press operator. Printing 10s of 1,000s of custom labels with a wide variety of finishes, inks, and shapes. Everything the same, or every label unique, it is all done using the latest Epson SurePress.
How you will make an impact
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus on Illustrator
- Keen attention to detail, performing colour calibration of the press, and correcting or adding die-lines using Illustrator
- Maintaining substrate inventories and notifying manager when stock needs to be ordered
- Recommending best substrates for desired outcome
- Checking registration, bleeds and crop marks and fonts for accurate output
- Performing preventative maintenance on the Epson SurePress
- Performing quality control process to ensure accuracy and output matches what was requested
- Backing up other departments where and when possible
Skills you bring...
- Solid experience working with pantones, CMYK, and RGB colour spaces
- Ability to colour correct on the fly, knowledge of Adobe Pitstop is a must
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Experience operating label presses, and DFEs such as Fiery, and Onyx
- Experienced in operating label roll winders and re-winders
- Processing/Preparing files for print on label printers.
TPH is a Canadian-owned family business operating 65 retail production centres in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario & Nova Scotia. Since 1961 we have served Canadians as part of the community. TPH is delighted to join the list of respected organizations that have been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers of 2021. The award, presented by MediaCorp Canada Inc., is given to employers that lead the nation in creating a culture that values sustainable initiatives and environmental awareness. As a result of our environmental initiatives, TPH was rated North America's most forest-friendly printer in Canopy's 2019 Blueline Ranking, the only comprehensive assessment of the environmental performance of North America's printers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
TPH is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you believe TPH is a good fit for you, feel free to submit your application, we would love to hear from you.
Quote Job Reference: 16195