Business Development Representative
Oakville , ON
Who we are
At Shoplogix, we are on a mission to create something extraordinary: a world-class global IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) software company that delivers real-time, 24/7 impact to manufacturers around the globe.
We empower our clients in 32 countries with information and insights to advance their operational excellence strategy. Our cloud-based performance management solution delivers real-time visual tracking and analysis of production, integrates powerful reporting capabilities, and accelerates continuous improvement.
Who we need
Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations and Business Development, we are looking for a customer-service and team-driven Business Development and Sales Analyst to join our team. This is a multi-faced role working within the Sales Operations department to support both Marketing and Sales. You will help build and grow our client base and revenue directly through research and cold-calling; and indirectly through data analysis to support the design of sales processes and strategy. You will divide your time across prospecting clients and optimizing sales.
We have a hybrid work model and this is a predominantly remote position. You may be invited to join the team 1-2 times a month on-site at our Oakville headquarters.
What's in it for you
Impact. You want to build something from the ground up as part of a brand new group with incredible growth opportunities.
Exposure. Our SaaS products are the leading IIoT, analytics and digital factory platform for the manufacturing sector. You will grow your understanding of our products and the real-world problems they solve for our customers.
Career growth. You will be part of an organization that believes in promoting from within, working under the direction and mentorship of a supportive manager. Your role will grow as you gain experience – in time, you could move into Sales as an individual contributor such as a Sales Account Executive or into management, including a Sales Operations or Business Development Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Business development. You will:
- Develop and execute a prospecting strategy through cold outreach.
- Qualify warm leads and move them through the sales funnel.
- Research background data on the market, prospect companies, and competitors.
- Present data to upper management.
- Collaborate to develop new sales collateral and run sales-driven campaigns to targeted markets and accounts.
- Sales operations. You will:
- Help to design and optimize the overall sales process within Salesforce.
- Work with Salesforce Administrators and Consultants to build extensive sales reporting tools and processes.
- Present to executive management.
- Assist in data migration and integration between multiple systems.
- Build out account details and cleanse data within Salesforce.
You will bring:
- The experience. You have exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills gained through cold outreach and prospecting. You are driven by analytics and enjoy diving into data to find the causes and present solutions. You are proficient with Salesforce, G-suite, PowerPoint and Excel. Ideally, you have worked in a manufacturing environment.
- The ownership and drive. You are a self-starter with a desire to build something from the ground up. You take pride in helping people engage with technology - and exceeding your targets. You are continuously seeking knowledge and opportunities. You can independently own and meet your deliverables.
- The communication skills. You have flexible and effective verbal, presentation and written abilities. You are an empathetic and active listener, able to drill down through intelligent questions and offer technical solutions to business operations needs. You can navigate customer anxiety, respond with urgency, and translate technical solutions for a non-technical audience.
Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, one of the largest and most successful software companies in Canada and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSE: CSU]. We are in a unique position with the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software, including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, we have a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture as a fully autonomous company.
This is the chance to get in on the ground floor as we lead the manufacturing industry's digital transformation on a global scale. With a focus on continuous innovation and making data accessible and actionable, we use the latest technologies to build IIoT solutions that solve everyday problems. We take great pride in our first-class team and inclusive, collaborative culture, fostering an open-door approach at all levels. With access to mentorship and best practices, our environment is one where everyone can share ideas, build knowledge, learn from each other, and contribute to their career and our success as a company.
And, when COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted and gathering no longer poses a threat, we look forward to returning to some of the fun we have outside of work, including: weekly indoor/outdoor soccer games, movie nights, mountain biking team races, indoor climbing gym near the office, frisbee golf, beach volleyball and golf tournaments for the whole office.
Diversity and inclusion are not mere words on paper to us. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and want to play an integral role changing the manufacturing industry, apply to express your interest.
Shoplogix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: