Saskatoon , SK
January 13, 2022
The Village at Stonebridge offers independent retirement living in a vibrant, active and safe community. The Village is part of LutherCare’s Continuum of Living™ model and is a fully accredited community. The Village at Stonebridge offers 159 suites for independent seniors, an intermediate care home, and a licensed Bistro open to the public.
The Village at Stonebridge is part of LutherCare Communities which has been a leading provider of senior living communities, healthcare and community services for over 65 years.
We Offer: LutherCare offers a competitive compensation package, benefits include:
- Enhanced Vacation Entitlement
- Personal days off
- 3sHealth and dental benefits
- Group life and long-term disability benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee family assistance program
In support of the Vision, Mission and Values of LutherCare Communities, we are looking to fill the position of Senior Maintenance. This position is responsible for carrying out common area and in-suite repairs, coordination of suite restoration, regularly checking the operation of mechanical equipment and maintenance repairs by off-site contractors in addition to completing grounds keeping duties.
As a key member of the Housing department, this position is accountable for the following:
- Ability to operate all equipment (power tools, lawn mower, gas weed trimmer, fertilizer spreader, hand tools, garden tools, etc.)
- To be part of on-call rotation
- Perform general and preventative maintenance for various LutherCare Communities sites
- Assist with budgeting regarding building interior/exterior, grounds, plumbing, heating, ventilation and capital expenses, which may include arranging for contractor quotes and ensuring quality of workmanship
- Ensures all required inspections are arranged and completed
- Coordinates all preventative mechanical maintenance on plant equipment as prescribed or detailed in the applicable maintenance manuals
- Take specific action to resolve issues associated with malfunctioning equipment
- Conduct daily checks of all boiler mechanical equipment
- Seasonal grounds duties including lawn cutting and snow removal
- Inspect emergency alarm systems and standby generator in accordance with government regulations and record all pertinent data
- Perform special event set-ups, suite painting, suite repairs, general carpentry and plumbing repairs when required
- Conduct fire safety demonstrations and fire drills
- Support in the development and maintenance of the property emergency plan
- Respond to emergency situations and take appropriate action when required
- Attend LutherCare Communities planning meetings when required
- Keep accurate weekly maintenance log
- Ability to navigate and input building maintenance software for demand and preventative maintenance work orders
- Ability to train and direct maintenance staff
- Communicate in a professional manner to other employees and outside agencies
- Schedule annual inspections and oversee service contracts
- Continuously review spending and ensure compliance within the budget guidelines
- Abide by Policies and Procedures of LutherCare Communities
- Complete other job-related tasks as assigned by the Manager
This position will be required to be part of an on-call rotation.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Journey Person Status - Inter-Provincial in one of the following trades:
- Electrical, Refrigeration, Industrial Mechanic, Plumbing, Instrumentation.
- Would consider a 4th year only if registered with SATCC with the required trade hours.
- Valid driver’s license
- Sufficient practical experience to perform job duties
- Experience working with seniors is an asset
- Supervisory experience preferred
We believe in the power of diversity and we're dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at LutherCare Communities. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
LutherCare Communities has implemented a corporate COVID-19 Vaccination requirement policy. Effective November 15th, 2021, all individuals entering a LutherCare Communities site will need to present proof of being fully vaccinated (both doses), or present a negative COVID-19 test result at their own cost. Applicants who are called for an in-person interview will be subject to this policy.
Please note: the information above is for information purposes and we are not asking you to disclose your vaccination status at this time.
Applicants must provide a criminal background check including the vulnerable sector search prior to employment.
Quote Job Reference: LCC661