Architectural Sheet Metal Installer
Nordic Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd.
Castlegar, Nelson, Rossland, Trail , BC
Nordic Roofing & Sheet Metal Ltd. is recruiting for an Architectural Sheet Metal Installer to work at various worksites in Castlegar, Nelson, Rossland, Trail and surrounding areas.
- Metal roofing and cladding;
- Read blueprints and drawings, and lay out, measure, mark and install sheet metal according to specifications and building codes;
- Use all power tools including metal brake and sheer, punches, and drill presses;
- Custom fabricate flashings and solutions and install as per great European Quality methods;
- Operate computerized laser or plasma cutting equipment to cut and shape sheet metal;
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, eavestroughs, partition frames, air and heat ducts, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings;
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces;
- Ensure product quality and compliance with building codes;
- Perform and finish all types of standing seam solutions, as well as traditional methods;
- Perform on-site installation;
- Manufacture, service and maintain installed equipment and systems;
Benefits: Per employment standards
Job status: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Language of work: English
- Completion of trade school and an additional 2 years experience working with sheet metal systems;
- Ability to fabricate and install sheet metal systems to the highest standards of workmanship and quality;
- Comfortable working at heights.