Maintenance Manager - Superintendent
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Scarborough , ON
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Responsible for all processes in support of caretaking, preventative, property maintenance and conservation. Assist tenants with their requirements for repairs and services to their apartments, necessitating the requirement for small repair skills, and general maintenance oversight. Work with various trade and contracting personnel.
1. ROUTINE AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
- maintains garbage bins and compactor
- does minor electrical repairs in units and common areas, advises when professional help is needed
- does minor plumbing work in units and common areas (e.g. change washers, clear stoppages)
- responsible for general upkeep and minor repairs to all areas of the building and building equipment, including carpentry and minor painting
- ensures all maintenance for Walton Place grounds is done, shovels snow, sleet and ice to maintain clear sidewalks and front steps
- repairs or replaces locks as required and maintains an efficient key system
- repairs electrical fixtures and outlets.
- moves equipment, supplies and furniture as required;
- responds to tenants complaints about their units
- turns mechanical equipment on and off as required
- weekly moves garbage, recycle, and organic bins from underground storage to ground level for disposal returns to underground after garbage pick up
2. SPECIFIC MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT
- regularly checks the gas make up air systems and performs whatever maintenance duties are required by the system
- maintains cleanliness of the boiler/mechanical room and garbage room
- checks fire equipment regularly reactivates when necessary
- performs move-in and move-out inspections of all units
- performs annual unit inspection and common area inspections, in co-operation with the administrator
- is familiar with all safety systems, and checks periodically as required by Fire and Building Inspector
- ensures that doors, gates etc are locked and unlocked as required
4 EMERGENCY SERVICES
- responsible for ongoing inspection of fire equipment and fire drills (how often are fire drills carried out)?
- on call for emergencies, regardless of the time of day or week, and arranges for coverage if not available with approval from administrator
- performs emergency repairs (e.g. boarding up a broken window etc.)
- oversees evacuation in event of fire.
5. STOCK CONTROL
- maintains and order all supplies and equipment needed for caretaking and maintenance with approval from Administrator
- receives goods
- Keeps an inventory of all tools and equipment
7. OVERSEEING CONTRACT SERVICES
- obtains Administrator's approval of contract repairs and maintenance
- obtains estimates, authorizes work orders and check billings
- in co-operation with Administrator contacts trades persons, prepares tender calls etc.
- meets contract personnel, checks time spent, monitors work, etc.
- maintains records of regular contract firms and of each service call
8. SUPPORT TO MANAGEMENT AND TENANTS
- assists and advises Administrator and possible Tenants committees in developing and updating maintenance plans and procedures
- in conjunction with other staff assist tenants in maintenance when needed
- develops and maintains sound maintenance procedures and a preventative maintenance or conservation plan for the building and building equipment
- assists with the financial planning for ongoing and preventative maintenance
Other duties as assigned by the administrator.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 4163567635