St. Joseph's Care Group
Thunder Bay , ON
Bargaining Unit: NON-UNION Health Care Professional
Status: Full Time TEMPORARY
Department: Indigenous Relations
Site: St. Joseph's Hospital
Rate of Pay: $34.54 - $44.03 per hour
Reporting to the Clinical Lead - Indigenous Services, the Cultural Practitioner works within the Indigenous Health Support Team along with the Traditional Healing Coordinator to carry out the delivery of culturally competent and safe client-centered care which is centered on Indigenous Knowledge, ceremonies and cultural practices.
- Traditional knowledge acquired through direct experience with Elders and Traditional Healers
- Diploma in social services, Indigenous studies or a related field
- Knowledge of Indigenous ceremonies and traditional healing practices
- Knowledge of Indigenous history, culture and worldview
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Understand the importance of trauma informed practice through a cultural lens
- Ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish effective and collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including community partners within the Indigenous community
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Appreciation and respect of others cultural teachings and understanding and, working within a multi-faith setting
- Ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team environment
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including skills with MS Office applications
- Competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ability to speak Ojibwe or Oji-Cree is preferred
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to travel to various work locations as required and provide own transportation
- For new employees, or current employees who have not yet obtained a Police Record Check - Vulnerable Sector Check, this position requires the submission and acceptance by Human Resources of a Police Record Check - Vulnerable Sector Check that is issued for St. Joseph's Care Group (SJCG) and is determined to be negative and/or pose no significant risk to St. Joseph's Care Group and its clients.
- Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005
or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph's Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.