Machine Operator- Gluing
Advance Paper Box
Winnipeg , BC
Advance Paper Box Ltd. has been manufacturing folding cartons since 1970. We are growing and are looking for Machine operator to join our team.
We are dedicated towards providing quality packaging solutions to all our customers. With our state-of-the-art CIMEX computer aided carton design and sample making system, we can create any shape or size carton tailored for your product, as well as ensure precision plotting of your die cutting die. We offer competitive benefits and compensation.
Hours are 7am-7pm - continental shift
Week 1 - Monday / Tuesday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Week 2 - Wednesday / Thursday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locates and loads proper stock in preparation for the operation.
- Prepares make-ready feeder, prefold, glue system, final fold, delivery, stacker, pack station and inspection system.
- Operates folder/gluer in accordance with customer specifications and current standard operating procedures.
- Ensures total quality of the job while in operation.
- Reviews job tickets on ERP system to ensure all customer specifications are met.
- Oversees and performs maintenance and repairs on machinery ensuring that PM procedures are met 100% of the time.
- Maintains the machine and area in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrates competency in all basic folds: straight-line, lock-bottom, 4 and 6 corners.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Completed grade 12
- One to two years’ experience working in manufacturing/production environment
- Previous experience as machine operator is an asset.
- Demonstrate leadership skills ad ability to manage team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic operations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be self-starter, multi-tasker, motivated and punctual.
- Manufacturing environment
- Standing for long hours
We encourage you to apply if you believe you are a good fit for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, include job tittle in subject line.
APB would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive; we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: