People Operations Specialist
Toronto , ON
January 22, 2022
Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. We’ve implemented several measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all technicians with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Screening all clients and employees for COVID-19 symptoms ahead of home visits or onsite entry to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Implemented a Vaccination Policy for all employees.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the on-going situation and updating policies as needed.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now we are adding a People Operations Specialist to our team in the GTA. This is an opportunity for someone who can pivot between People and Operations to support our program initiatives such as Performance Management, Total Rewards, Health & Safety, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, to name a few. We’re looking for someone who wants to be a key player on a robust team and is ready to jump in to assist in developing, maintaining and executing these key projects. This role will be a hybrid of working from home and in locations. This is an exciting opportunity to become a partner to our field operations and build customized programs to the needs of our team members.
Who you are
You are a People Operations Specialist or HR Analyst with a drive to develop programs and execute initiatives in a fast-paced environment. You are ready to take the next step up in your career, to join a national organization that is recognized as a leader in the home healthcare industry.
What you will do
- Support and partner with the People Business Partners by providing program management, training and reporting to effectively lead, coach and develop high performing teams in the field;
- Support various employee initiatives by analyzing and consolidating data, summarizing results and key trends, updating materials and preparing reports and presentations to help advance local and corporate strategic objectives;
- Collaborate with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion COE to provide leadership, guidance, advice, coaching, and education to leaders to infuse DEI principles and practices to build a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Total Rewards Management: Designing and maintaining base pay structures, participation in large compensation surveys. Oversight, evaluation and moderation of store and corporate bonus programs, structures, benefits and PTO programs.
- Develop and implement learning and development programs that enhance employee skills, capabilities and promote career progression;
- Maintain and enhance Motion’s Health & Safety program in compliance with company policies and provincial requirements;
- Review and maintain regulatory compliance to employment law, policies and legislation.
What you bring
- The experience. You have 2-3 years of progressive HR experience in a multi-site organization in a similar role, ideally on cross-functional teams;
- The education. You have a post-secondary education in business management, Human Resources or relevant experience.
- The personality. You are energetic and passionate, with the drive for excellence and making things happen. You can work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- The toolkit. You are proficient with Microsoft office, experience using an HRIS system including reporting systems.
- The outstanding communication style. You have an engaging and warm in-person and online presence. Your verbal, presentation and written skills are exceptional.
- The insights. You have unbeatable listening and analytical skills. You can hone in on what areas new and seasoned employees and industry professionals need.. You can dig deeper, reflect, and come up with an award-winning option every time!
Why join? We are Motion.
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.