Automation Engineer - Python
High Tech Genesis
Ottawa , ON
High Tech Genesis is looking for an automation engineer with python experience to join our MSX Engineering team.
Some of your roles/responsibilities will include:
- Develop automation for end-to-end Solution level user flows on MSX platform
- Integrate GUI based tool like Selenium in the current python-based automation framework
- Integrate GUI and python-based automation
- Work on microservices and platform specific automation
- Design and document technical specifications that will be used to communicate and validate the overall use case for automation
- Execute, maintain and add unit / regression tests during the development phase.
- Run regression tests and debug failures
- File defects to track issues and failures
- Work with development team to reproduce/isolate and try builds with fixes
- Participate in design sessions to support and validate ideas for possible solutions
- Peer reviews to ensure that new feature will comply to the development standard and best practices
- Develop and manage the overall continuous integration process
- Work in an Agile environment using Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in Selenium based automation
- 3+ years of experience in development of python-based automation
- 7+ years of industry experience in information technology and engineering
- Understanding with basic networking protocols
- Familiarity with build process and tools like Gradle, Jenkins, Git
- Capable of working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- A self-starter. Works well with others
- Ability to work under pressure
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Salary will commensurate with experience.