Afternoon Shift Team Leader
APS Metal Industries
Pickering , ON
The Afternoon Shift team leader reports to the Day Shift Supervisor, and is responsible for the daily production of manufacturing resources during the shift.
Scope of responsibilities include but is not limited to production realization (according to production plan), process compliance (documentation, and reporting), worker training & development, worker safety awareness, and security as it relates to facility and employees.
Reporting responsibilities consist of daily shift summary, employees and machine time tracking (daily/weekly goals) and non-conformance reporting and investigation as required.
- Leadership, Coaching and training staff.
- Safety training/ awareness
- Oversee all daily/weekly/monthly preventative maintenance. Report machine issues / concerns
- Ensure that machinery and property are constantly kept in pristine condition. Report as needed. This shall be kept in check utilizing the 5S system
- Knowledge of all departments, namely laser cutting, cleanup and polishing, machining, brake press bending and TIF welding.
- Ensure that premises are secure.
- Health and Safety - Ensure that the company meets its health and safety regulations, report any concerns to Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Manufacturing Processes – Delivering to the specifics of the customer order within the time specified by the customer, delivery performance, quality, as well as customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that products and services are manufactured to required specifications - customer criteria, quality standards, on-time deliveries, and within cost allocation.
- Maintain, promote and enforce company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain related knowledge of fire and health & safety policies & procedures.
- Maintain client, employee and company confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with team members and management as part of a team.
- Push daily schedule / meeting daily goals/ report to Day Shift Supervisor
- Move labour to suit scheduling needs, and labour issues
APS Metal Industries [www.apsmetalindustries.com] was established in 1986 and currently operates out of a 40,000 square foot facility in Pickering, Ontario. With approximately 70 employees we operate two shifts daily, which enables us the flexibility to meet customer requirements for quick delivery. We provide free parking onsite and are located 5 minutes from Pickering GO Station.
Our company has built a strong reputation for customer satisfaction and we are committed to continuous improvement in pre-production planning and high performance manufacturing. Our production capabilities include complete metal fabrication from raw material to finished parts including precise and versatile laser cutting utilizing our Trumpf 4000 and 5000 watt lasers. Dedicated software ensures maximum yield of material.
Equipped with the latest technology, numerous welding stations, a complete machine shop, nine brake presses, hardware inserters, shearing and notching capabilities, single punch presses, and a well equipped clean-up area complete with deburring machinery, we provide a competitive edge in producing parts that meet customer specifications and time constraints.
We service a wide variety of industries including:
- Food Processing Equipment (Hoppers, Chutes, Mixers, etc.)
- Conveyor System Parts
- Environmental Products
- Packaging Machinery Parts
- Electronic Enclosure and cabinets
- Specializing in Stainless Steel Products
Why Work for APS?
In today’s day and age, you have an unlimited number of places you could choose to work. So, why would you choose to work for APS? It starts with the people.
- We are a diverse group of talented individuals that work cohesively as a team.
- The environment that our staff and management have created makes it easy to learn and to grow.
- We prefer to promote internally if and whenever possible to help in career path progression.
- Annual employee reviews and company-wide NPS surveys help us stay focused on what matters to our staff.
- We offer mentorship programs that help build out career paths and goals
Our company is built on a strong foundation of family first mentality. We offer flexible working hours, team lunches/events every quarter, and excellent compensation packages with full health and dental benefits including vision, massage therapy, and orthopedic coverage for all employees. There is a common trend at APS; people that work at APS tend to stay at APS for a long time. This is not a coincidence. We value and respect our employees immensely and work hard every day to help them achieve their best.