Director of Operations
Kelowna , BC
Humanoid Studios is a new videogame company founded on the axiom that creative freedom and independence lead to better, more innovative games. We believe in the power of small, agile teams, and a flat organizational structure, where everyone is empowered to make decisions and help drive the project vision.
We are a Canadian company with offices in B.C. and Alberta as well as industry-leading compensation and benefits. By joining Humanoid, you will be welcomed into a diverse team of talented developers creating an immersive new universe of story, character, and discovery.
At Humanoid, we value the importance of having a clear plan, and supporting teams in working towards the plan. At the heart of that work is the Director of Operations, who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the studio, across internal and external development, facilities, administration.
The Director of Operations will be an important part of the studio leadership team, helping to define the business and long-term strategic plans for the company. As part of that, this role also involves business development - cultivating relationships and partnerships across media into film, tv, and ancillary products.
- As a member of the core studio leadership team, take part in top-level strategic planning and decision-making
- Work with the CEO and CFO to define studio and product business plans and models
- Manage operations of the business across game production, administration, and infrastructure
- Define and manage the game development cycle, production methodologies, and milestones
- Lead the planning and implementation of production management process and tools
- Drive a program of ancillary products based on Humanoid IP, such as movies and TV, toys, books, and apparel
- Lead contract and milestone reviews for projects and partnerships
- University Degree in a related field such as Videogame/Film Production or Radio & Television
- Several years of work experience in production leadership and management roles
- Proven operational and business acumen across videogame, film and television, and tech industries
- Senior level Program Management experience on R&D projects that combine hardware, software, and platform
- Videogame Production credits at the Executive Producer or Director of Production level
- Business development experience adapting IP to ancillary products with multiple successful examples
- Experience creating and managing large-scale promotional events involving live demos, press, and consumers
- Demonstrated ability to grow the operations, production, creative and design capabilities within a company
We offer a competitive compensation package with a wage ranging from $175,000 to $220,000 and a group benefits package.
Other Job Details:
Job Duration: This is a full-time, permanent position
Location of work: 201-1405 St Paul Street, Kelowna, B.C.
Quote Job Reference: 4547676