Accessibility Lifts & Elevating Sales Consultant and Service Technician
Mississauga , ON
January 6, 2022
Hello, it's a new day and it's time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. We’ve implemented several measures to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all technicians with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Screening all clients and employees for COVID-19 symptoms ahead of home visits or onsite entry to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Implemented a Vaccination Policy for all employees.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the on-going situation and updating policies as needed.
Our purpose is to make life accessible.
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care.
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your career in a nurturing, learning-focused, and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now, we are adding an Accessibility Lifts & Elevating Sales Consultant and Service Technician to our sales and service team in Mississauga. This isn't your typical face-to-face Sales Consultant role. It's a hands-on Technician role with hands-on learning of the functionality and benefits of our products; and a role that transitions to full-time business development and sales within eight months. It's a chance to bring real joy to your customers as you go that extra step to assemble and install customized mobility devices, giving them the freedom to live their best life.
Whether you have worked in the rehabilitation and mobility space for several years or you are a recent graduate looking to jump headfirst into a new career, this is an opportunity for someone who can take an entrepreneurial approach to grow our client list and provide hands-on support.
Who you are
You are an engaging, empathetic, and goal-oriented individual who can work in close consultation with clients to improve accessibility in their homes, at school, or in hospitals. You are ready to own the business development for our location, dedicating a large portion of your time to hunting leads, following a detailed process, and clearly documenting all of the information. A team player, you are willing and able to partner with other technicians or work independently installing equipment, drawing on your hands-on experience in home repairs, construction, or tinkering on mechanical projects.
What you will do
Our sales consultants work directly with our clients to select the custom mobility device that best suits their needs. Our clients trust our technicians to ensure that their mobility devices are safe and fully functional. In this role, you will:
- Deliver a Motion customer experience. You will ensure the needs of our clients are met and that we meet our objective to make life accessible. You will demonstrate and introduce clients to the equipment you have installed clearly and effectively.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will drive to one or more client sites between Burlington and Niagara daily, exclusively for installations and assembly the first 6-8 months and in combination with sales after that.
- Drive business. You will do research, make cold calls, and expand our client base. You will ensure that Motion is the top choice for mobility devices in the Southwestern Ontario region by building relationships and sharing your growing expertise. You will pull from our extensive inventory of mobility devices to demonstrate the products and services to our clients and their teams.
- Build and maintain relationships. You will be a driving force behind our company, continually expanding your network and creating new relationships with clients, therapists, caregivers, and other healthcare facilities in our community. You will nurture these relationships and maintain contact, even after receiving the device as you check-in with clients and plan to follow up visits.
- Train and be trained. You will spend time with our technicians, learning the functionality of the devices, and gaining comfort with the basic mechanics. You will increase your product knowledge to demo and sell the best choices to your clients confidently.
- Create and document. You will track all sales leads and client details in our CRM. You will craft business proposals and quotes for our clients, taking into account the funding regulations and Motion's catalogue of devices and services. You will provide our existing clients with Customer Value Plans to find opportunities to add benefit to their current devices and services.
What you bring
- Experience. You have some experience in a customer-facing sales and service position. Ideally, you have exposure to our client-base and products or an open mind and willingness to learn.
- Construction Skills. You are comfortable using a range of tools and equipment. You have experience assembling, building, or repairing.
- Communication and Collaboration Skills. You are process-oriented and highly detailed. You have excellent written and oral (in person or on the phone) communication skills. You can build relationships with team members, work in close partnership, and thrive in an independent role.
- Empathy and Respect. You can engage our clients in a meaningful way to ensure that their individualized needs are met at every appointment. You approach every interaction with your clients with respect, professionalism, and empathy.
- Flexibility. You have a valid G class driver's license and can travel to client homes, schools, and hospitals in Peel Region in a company vehicle.
- Additional Requirements. You are able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds in order to move and install equipment. A clean criminal background check and bondable is a requirement. You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and you are comfortable using a tablet and learning a CRM.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we've undergone a recent transformation, and we think that's exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we're turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving, and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people's lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Protective measures for COVID-19
As an essential service, our business continues to operate during the global pandemic. This means technicians are still entering client homes and interacting with others. During these times, we are working hard to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers. We have added the following safety measures to our day-to-day operations:
- All technicians are provided with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- All clients and employees are screened ahead of home visits to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Technicians are expected to work in the office when they are not out making repairs; therefore, all locations and warehouses are disinfected regularly and thoroughly. Safe physical distancing is practiced in all areas.
- Continuously monitoring the on-going situation and update policies as needed.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: