Titanium Transportation Group Inc.
Bolton , ON
December 3, 2022
Titanium is a leading asset-based transportation and logistics company servicing Canada and the United States, with approximately 800 power units, over 3,000 trailers and over 1,100 employees and independent owner operators. Titanium provides truckload, dedicated, and cross-border trucking services, freight logistics, and warehousing and distribution to over 1,000 customers. Titanium is a recognized consolidator of asset-based transportation companies, having completed ten asset-based trucking acquisitions since 2011. Titanium has also been ranked by Canadian Business (formerly PROFIT magazine) as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies for twelve (12) consecutive years and in 2020 was recognized by Financial Times' as one of America's Fastest-Growing Companies.
This is a critical payroll support role, working as an integral member of the Payroll team. Under the supervision and guidance of the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing employee payroll for all employees using various platforms. All payroll information is to be verified prior to processing and transmitting for payment, ensuring accuracy. This role will support all areas of the business in relation to payroll, supporting policy guidelines to ensuring payroll compliance.
- This position is for a payroll professional looking for a fast-paced work environment with ample opportunity for growth and learning
- In possession of CPA (PCP or CPM) designation would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a an payroll role in industrial, manufacturing or transportation sector would be an asset
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - employer matches at 100% up to program maximum
- Competitive earning structure and opportunity for growth and learning
- Premium health and dental benefits program offered
- Employee-first team-oriented work environment
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working in a similar role with a minimum of 2+ years of experience would be considered an asset
- Completion of post-secondary studies would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of industrial, manufacturing or transportation industry would be considered an asset for this role
- Advanced knowledge with use of Microsoft suite of software, Windows operating systems, Great Plains and Ultimate Software
- Technologically savvy and able to demonstrate competence in a variety of technological platforms and processes
- Ability to work with and manage confidential information and use independent judgment
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent business and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical sense, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as a member of a team
- Be creative, flexible and able to drive/ guide change
- Strong ability to multi-task and effectively manage work requirements
- This is an in-office work position
FUNCTIONS OF ROLE
- Updates and verifies payroll transactions and ensures an accurate and timely pay deposit
- Calculates payroll adjustments, including increments and vacation pay adjustments
- Balance all payrolls and transmit payroll, including recalls and void payment processing requests
- Ensure that deductions are accurately assigned, including benefits co-share deductions calculate any arears and advise employees of processing timelines
- Assist with processing hires, terminations, status changes, pay rate changes and other employee data updates
- As assigned, process approved time records and time off requests
- Assist with administering the Company group benefits program, including monthly reconciliations
- Support all compliance requirements and assist with researching legislation updates that impact payroll
- Assist with administration of payroll functions within the core HCM structure
- Administer record of employment and remittance filings and respond to any employment insurance inquiries
- Coordinate with third-party services relative to benefits and payroll
- Assist in the implementation and development of new systems and processes
- Adhere to all service standards and policies, including Health & Safety
- Work in compliance with the provisions of Occupational Health and Safety
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Titanium Transportation Group Inc. is a proud supporter of current and serving members of the Canadian and United States Armed Forces.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quote Job Reference: 191150